Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driving down the interstate the other day and noticed a silver older gen. eclipse merging. at first i thought it was the cocky shithead in the celica i ran across a couple weeks ago...i thought "good....revenge". but my wife informed me that the car that was pulling out wasn't the same car. had a brain fart momentarily.

but anyway. he pulled out and almost pulled even with me. i punched it from about 70 and he was already in it pretty hard. neither one of us was pulling on the other. i ran it up to about 120 and was holding at about 2 cars ahead. we came up on some traffic and had to slow down. he got in my lane behind me to get around some traffic, but the lanes opened back up and we jumped in it again.

at first i didn't know it was turbo, and i thought "damn, either his car is running good, or my truck is in dire need of a tuneup". but after i looked in the rearview mirror i saw his intercooler and then it all made sense.

but i started out ahead, and stayed ahead. i let out of it around 130-135 and again, neither one of us was gaining on the other. i started slowing down and rolled the window down to give him a thumbs up. he pulled up and i recognized him. then i remembered the car. AWD, turbo eclipse.

he said his BOV was sticking and he couldn't get in it all the way. not sure of the validity of his claim, but that's was what he said :dunno:

either way, i was proud of her holding her own against a turbo'd car that high in the mph range. i've already raced him from a dig and tore him a new one

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank ya, i was more shocked that i held my ground as good as i did too. i figured he would have drafted me (yes, it really works, i'm not a NASCAR nut) and shot right past me, but he didn't

1 - 4 of 4 Posts