Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of putting a turbo on my truck and had couple things I need help with. 1. I read I will need a 2-3 bar maf sensor, where can I get one and where do I install it before or after bov? Will 3 inch pipe be good on cold side from intercooler to tb

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be happy at 500-550 then go from there, I've been looking at your build and trying to do something similar to that but not as badass as yours.

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
2-3 Bar MAP (not MAF) sensor goes on the intake manifold.

You can run the MAF either pre or post turbo, again going to depend on how you want to set it up and tune for it. You could even ditch the MAF and go pure SD, there are options.

Reactions: super-sport

·
06 TrailblazerSS 2wd
3,509 Posts
Need to know what year you tbss is to get the correct MAP. If it's a 2006 you can only use up to a 2.5 MAP sensor because that is all the computer will support. Here is a link to that MAP. 2.5 bar map

If it's a 2007 or newer you ban run a 3 Bar MAP, I think the colbalt And ZR1 MAP have been used for that but ask those with more experience than me to be sure on that one.

Location is put it in the intake where the factory one is or in a aftermarket intake there will be a provision for it in the intake.

3" pipe on the cold side should be plenty to make 550 easy, much more has been made with 3". Most important is keep all the bends nice and large and don't use and hard transitions try to use a 7 degree taper. You want to keep the airflow as close to laminar as possible

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
I would run the 3bar map sensor from a zr1, its plug and play for me. I use the ls7 maf sensor in a 4" pipe. Im not sure if you can run speed density on an 07. I know I couldnt on my 09. The maf section of the intercooler piping should be 4". Youll want it about 7" from the throttle body and in a straight section of piping.

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kyle when you say you're on stock bottom end, are you talking about stock Pistons? Any pointers on what I should do with mine? Arp bolts? I'm stock engine will try 10 psi

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
the only things i have done to the bottom end are the pcm pick up, turbo cam, ls9 head gaskets,ls7 lifters,and arp head studs. It has the stock pistons and rods, even has the stock ring gap.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Id skip the MAF or at least put it where theres not allot of fast airflow transition where it can be uneven. Best is to be in a tube with as much piping pre and post MAF. Id personally recomend Mafless and run SD.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts