Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
About 2 1/2 hours is brandon in N.W. Chicago area. He is a little over an hour from me, Im in the Milwaukee area. Just look him up, its FAST Motorsports.

·
Registered
08TrailblazerSS
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. A drive to Chicago wouldn't be the worst. Hey NoMo, with the pcmforless tune did you have to pull your ecu and ship it? If so how long did it take to get back? Thanks in advance for the advise, much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
06' AWD TBSS
1,364 Posts
Jaason,
There is a tuner in Slinger,WI that would be closer to you than Brandon. His name is Tom and has kick ass tunes. He does the majority of the tuning at West Bend Dyno as well. Anything he touches puts out fantastic numbers and runs really strong. If you need his contact info, let me know and I will get you in touch with him.

·
Registered
08TrailblazerSS
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks a ton Tim. Does he actually reflash ecu's? I heard handheld programmers are a waste of money so I am looking for a reflash to accomodate my CAI and squeek every horse out of my LS2 I can. I really appreciate your help.

·
Premium Member
06' AWD TBSS
1,364 Posts
Hey thanks a ton Tim. Does he actually reflash ecu's? I heard handheld programmers are a waste of money so I am looking for a reflash to accomodate my CAI and squeek every horse out of my LS2 I can. I really appreciate your help.
He gets you all setup, has everything you will need :)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
864 Posts
Hey NoMo, with the pcmforless tune did you have to pull your ecu and ship it? If so how long did it take to get back? Thanks in advance for the advise, much appreciated!
I didn't send mine in. I just ordered new pcm and tcm from them and kept my stock ones in case. That way if you go to the dealer for something you can just put the stock ones back in. I did send my new ones back for a new tune when I installed cai and efans. They were really fast at shipping them back to me. Probably 5 or 6 days to get them back.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
864 Posts

·
Premium Member
06' AWD TBSS
1,364 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,097 Posts
If you send yours in to us, we have them back out the same day we received it or next day, usually.

If you do the Core or Loaner program, and we have cores in stock, they go out the same or next day as well...depending on the time the order was placed.

·
Registered
07 TBSS, 06 CTS-V
134 Posts
Nice. I hear Beyond Redline has an awd dyno. Im not sure about them though after they quoted me 4hours($320) of labor to install a magnaflow catback. Thats crazy
They did the tune on my TBSS. I would not recommend them to tune anything but something with a fartcan on it. They sucked. Luke Stubbs, the owner of Beyond Redline did it himself, and all he kept saying is that LS engines are a really tricky thing to tune. After 3 hours of tuning and over $300 I walked away with about 3 hp more than I went in with and had less torque. They are a joke, don't go there!!!

Im going to be getting a tune done on my CTS-V, it sure as hell wont be them doing it

Jeff

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
864 Posts
They did the tune on my TBSS. I would not recommend them to tune anything but something with a fartcan on it. They sucked. Luke Stubbs, the owner of Beyond Redline did it himself, and all he kept saying is that LS engines are a really tricky thing to tune. After 3 hours of tuning and over $300 I walked away with about 3 hp more than I went in with and had less torque. They are a joke, don't go there!!!

Im going to be getting a tune done on my CTS-V, it sure as hell wont be them doing it

Jeff
I have also heard nothing good of Beyond Redline. I did't even consider them.
Definately stay away.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.