Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my PCMforless tune which is absolutely amazing btw but i didnt install my t-stat and wont until sunday, will that be ok?

thanks
mitch

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
757 Posts
Sure just don't drive it hard until you put the stat in.
Hey... Another annoying car newbie question... What is a t-stat? What does it do? I do know what a tune is though... But I'm unclear on one thing. Do you have to go to a shop to get it done or can you just buy one? If you cab buy one online how does that work? Is it like a chip? Easy to install?

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Thermostat, and you can buy one and put it in yourself. Buy extra antifreeze though, you will spill some. Also, do your efans at the same time. I did the t-stat with stock fan and it sucked.

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
If you have hptuners or efi live you can buy the tune and load it up over the computer. Or, you could go the other route and send out your stock computers have them tuned and sent back to you. Any tune questions contact pcmforless.com Alvin, Kelly or Marshall will be able to help you out with just about anything to do with these trucks. A t stat is your thermostat used to open and close sending engine coolant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts