That sux for sure...

How is it you don't check the receipt for octain or price???:doh:

How could fill up not cost $20 less and you not notice?:dunno:

Sounds like you wanted it to blow up... New motor is always fun.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Wow, it made a full pass. Not pumping your own gas is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'd beleive it in Cali. If you can't pump your own gas, does it say anything about hovering over the guy that is while giving the death stare?
No. We are allowed to pump our own gas, just limited to 91. Oregon was like NJ when I went to college there. I still pumped my own anyway and told the guy to get lost.

·
Premium Member
08 TB 3SS AWD
1,466 Posts
When did NJ start this? I was there a few years ago and never remember anyone pumping my gas. I would never let anyone pump anything into
My truck, fuck I wouldn't even let them open the gas door....get your damn hands offs truck.
They have been doing this for at least 15yrs., I remember coming home from my grandmothers and stoping for gas. Someone always pumped the gas.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,161 Posts
The law goes back to 1949 when they thought untrained people playing with flamible liquids was a bad idea. It has stuck since then.

or 1951...

Unless you live in New Jersey or Oregon, notes The Wall Street Journal, where it's still illegal to pump your own gas. According to Bikram Gill, a businessman who bought up 26 gas stations in New Jersey, "Any idiot can do it." We know for a fact that there are idiots in all 50 states, and in 48 of them, those idiots are free to handle the somewhat volatile fuel themselves. In 1951, though, the Supreme Court of New Jersey decided it was too dangerous to allow just anyone to pump gas, suggesting that the process of refueling is best left to the professionals.

Predictably, there have been attempts to change the law. In 1988, a judge issued a ruling that it was unconstitutional to disallow Americans the right to pump their own gas, but it was later overturned by a court of appeals. And again in 2006, governor John Corzine attempted to put self-service stations along the Turnpike, but the voting public said 'No Thanks.'

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Wow, thats what happened to me at the nats. On 116 octain.... Ring lands broke, making a path for the flame front to blow down. Machine shop said the pistons where not up to the task. I have two pistons that look like that, one with a hole burned throught the side. The block on mine wasnt junk though. Needed one new sleeve, the other cleaned up on a .030 over bore. This has nothing to do with timing tables, octane, etc. The ring land broke, the flame front took the path of least resistance, thus melted pistons with 1600+ EGT's.

It happens, it sucks, no point in making it into the blame game as to what caused it, what happened, etc, etc. It is what it is, like others have said, you play, you pay......

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
That sux for sure...

How is it you don't check the receipt for octain or price???:doh:

How could fill up not cost $20 less and you not notice?:dunno:

Sounds like you wanted it to blow up... New motor is always fun.:laugh:
Just one of those times where I was completely not paying attention. I usually get out of the car and make sure. I only noticed the receipt after i was in the pits trying to figure out wth happened.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Wow, it made a full pass. Not pumping your own gas is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'd beleive it in Cali. If you can't pump your own gas, does it say anything about hovering over the guy that is while giving the death stare?
Actually made two passes that day, lol it ran 11.5 even on the 87. And yes i usually do hover over the guy, or at the exxon by my house i just pump it myself.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
update this already would ya?

41 - 60 of 70 Posts