Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my ss in 07 it had a k/n cai installed by the original owner. From what I have read on the forum, I need to take the truck in for a tune because of the additional air flow. What is the price to take it to a performance shop for a tune? I do plan to do headers, stall in the next year or so. There is a Dyno Jet shop here in north Las Vegas that i have considered taking it to but i am still looking for any other shops that do excellent work. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you remember let me know! i dont want to send any parts out for the tune because its my daily driver. What kind of gains with a cai, tune and t-stat?

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
When you remember let me know! i dont want to send any parts out for the tune because its my daily driver. What kind of gains with a cai, tune and t-stat?
Here it is Leading Edge performance they have a good rep with performance
http://leperformance.com/index.aspx

Also gains on HP is hard to say but you will feel the difference in driveablity and trans shifting after a good tune it's gonna be a whole different SS that you will love more

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I called Leading Edge Performance today and talked to Greg. To start off with super nice guy to talk with. He quoted me at 475 for a pre tune dyno run, tcm ecm, tune and a post tune dyno run. Seems reasonable to me. i am going to install the NGK t6 plugs today and fill the pan with royal purple. Any other ideas before i take it in? THANKS!

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who has had tunes by them and what performance/drivability gains did you see?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
I wouldn't do anything until you do the stall,headers. You'll have to be re-tuned anyway. Save the cash for later.:2cents:

·
Registered
AWD 07 TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Usually after you purchase a tune from a performance shop, you can go back for a re-tune for MUCH less. I think I remember when I went down to RPM in Carolina they said that it would be $400 for a street tune and any re-tuning after that would be like $75. If I'm way off in my memory, someone smack me haa.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone else?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts