Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was running pretty late to work this morning so I was driving with a quicken pace (75-80) and really wasn't looking for any races. And I see a new tundra getting on the freeway so I think to myself "I wish you would try something" haha. Well lucky for me he eventually makes it to my lane behind me and follows at the same speed and cuts through traffic with me... I notice. I kept watching his actions and it started to become obvious he was trying to get beside me, but traffic was a little too thick. Once traffic opened up he tries the Ricky Bobby shake n bake move on me and tries to race me with a running start lol. So I see him flying around me (I'm already doing 80) and I didn't want him to get too much of a running start on me so I nail it when he got by my back door. That was the end of him. I put 3-4 links on him before he quit or his governor kicked in. I was actually impressed with his truck and a little dissapointed with mine (thought I would have done better). So I try slowing down and wait on him to catch up so I could try him at a slower speed, haha I guess I hurt his pride because I couldn't get him to get anywhere near me. I didn't know those trucks were that quick? Either that or my truck is hurt... last time at the track I ran 12.91 and I've added a ported intake and fender well intake since then... either way that was a great way to start my morning! I couldn't stop laughing when he tucked his tail and stayed far away :rofl:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,037 Posts
Nice! I would say 3-4 lengths from 80 is pretty good.. Anyone know what gears they have? Was it a single cab or extended cab?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the race started out a little slow but once i got moving it was a steady pull. And it was an extended cab and I've heard they have 4.30 gears with a six speed but I don't know how true that is.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
12.91 with a ported intake and a FWI? Your either not telling us about the other mods you have or your truck is a freak.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
12.91 with a ported intake and a FWI? Your either not telling us about the other mods you have or your truck is a freak.

Haha no I have plenty of other mods. I just haven't got around to making a signature yet.
Ill let anyone know what I've done. Honestly I feel my Tbss should be running faster then it does. But I live in Texas I'm sure the heat kills alot of my power. Time for some atmosphere in a bottle lol:devil2:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
441 Posts
those tundras are super quick.. there 0-60 is in the 5's.. i know a few guys that put the trd blowers on them and put them around 500hp.. only problem the trannys cant hold up to that kinda power... but coo win!

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,978 Posts
Well I was running pretty late to work this morning so I was driving with a quicken pace (75-80) and really wasn't looking for any races. And I see a new tundra getting on the freeway so I think to myself "I wish you would try something" haha. Well lucky for me he eventually makes it to my lane behind me and follows at the same speed and cuts through traffic with me... I notice. I kept watching his actions and it started to become obvious he was trying to get beside me, but traffic was a little too thick. Once traffic opened up he tries the Ricky Bobby shake n bake move on me and tries to race me with a running start lol. So I see him flying around me (I'm already doing 80) and I didn't want him to get too much of a running start on me so I nail it when he got by my back door. That was the end of him. I put 3-4 links on him before he quit or his governor kicked in. I was actually impressed with his truck and a little dissapointed with mine (thought I would have done better). So I try slowing down and wait on him to catch up so I could try him at a slower speed, haha I guess I hurt his pride because I couldn't get him to get anywhere near me. I didn't know those trucks were that quick? Either that or my truck is hurt... last time at the track I ran 12.91 and I've added a ported intake and fender well intake since then... either way that was a great way to start my morning! I couldn't stop laughing when he tucked his tail and stayed far away :rofl:

Nice kill.

One of my best friends has one, and he always swears by it's power. It's pretty quick for a fullsize truck, but they are governed at 109.

Instead of racing him, I let him drive the TBSS and after that he stopped talking trash.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
533 Posts
Nice kill. Looks like we seem to have a lot of TBSS owners in the Houston area. I raced my buddy's tundra once and killed him with my srt-10 ram. He came back 2 weeks later and said he wanted to race. Raced him again and i only edged him out by a fender. Popped his hood and he had the dealer install a TRD supercharger. Guess you never know what the guys mods were. Oh and this was in Houston so could have been him.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
166 Posts
Raced one of the new Tundra's from a dead stop. I killed him to about 70 by 4 truck lengths. We stopped and talked a while. He was shocked at the outcome. Nice guy though.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
533 Posts
yeah ill see what he says. I doubt it was him because his was pretty damn fast with the blower but you never know. His had aftermarket rims too like 22's or 24's

1 - 20 of 28 Posts