Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
589 Posts
Djm makes tubular upper arms meant for lowered vehicles. You can buy them from here as one suggestion: Suspension | Product categories | SCG Inc.

DSP is another great vendor,Suspension - Driven Speed Performance

Tubular lowers exist currently only for the RWD platform. AWD coming soon. It requires you to move to full coilovers upfront from the likes of QA1, afco or Viking. Any 19” end to end coilover will work…. They are made by a shop in California. Oscar something, I don’t recall his name, but he is in the various Facebook groups for the tbss. Cost is around $900 for the lowers alone and you still need to buy the coilovers.

the belltech lowering kit is by far the best budget system to lower the tbss. For around $1000 bucks you can get a front and rear shock and springs with upper front arm. You’ll need a new upper ball joint

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mitch, thanks for the insight. Bought the car with may mods done including the belltech lowering kit.

Dyno tune coming soon from Pottstown Street Cars (PSR performance) which I can see in the crystal ball it is not going to be cheap.

Suspension, then transmission and transfer case and axles.

Got to figure a game plan on the modifications before I go nuts

· Super Moderator
TrailblazerSS
1,495 Posts
Ya as far as uppers go I have djm arms with Tony's modified ball joint angle (shame about him) I believe all new ones are the modified angle (Check first). Lowers only oem. Have not had a problem at alignment shop with belltech fronts 1lg 1sm collar. The shop I use to align is used for altered heights so they take oem spec and laugh when setting. 10+yrs of 4 lowered rides perfect every time that's the biggest advice I can give. Goodyear, Mavis etc are good places for factory vehicles but not for 95% of us.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

· Lighter-than-you
550 Posts
Djm makes tubular upper arms meant for lowered vehicles. You can buy them from here as one suggestion: Suspension | Product categories | SCG Inc.

DSP is another great vendor,Suspension - Driven Speed Performance

Tubular lowers exist currently only for the RWD platform. AWD coming soon. It requires you to move to full coilovers upfront from the likes of QA1, afco or Viking. Any 19” end to end coilover will work…. They are made by a shop in California. Oscar something, I don’t recall his name, but he is in the various Facebook groups for the tbss. Cost is around $900 for the lowers alone and you still need to buy the coilovers.

the belltech lowering kit is by far the best budget system to lower the tbss. For around $1000 bucks you can get a front and rear shock and springs with upper front arm. You’ll need a new upper ball joint
I didn't know lowers existed yet.. This guy should get a real website for people that don't do f***book..

· Registered
589 Posts
I didn't know lowers existed yet.. This guy should get a real website for people that don't do f***book..
I made a mistake!

there is another tubular lower setup on the market for rwd too. It comes with a whole new tubular engine cradle too…. Cost is approx $2500 iirc.

you can source that from driven speed performance.

saves over 100lbs off the front end. some cutting and welding required.

· Registered
589 Posts
There are a few great guys building stuff with no real presence on the web short of Facebook and instagram.

Kevin Hanson and his list of parts like his oil pan baffle and electric fan kit. His fan kit is way more affordable than some of the others out there.

Oscar makes those suspension pieces, 4l80 conversion kits, hydro boost brake kits, arguably the best turbo kit on the market beating Huron by a leg arm and torso…and way more other parts.

Another guy makes cowl hoods, front lips and rear valences. Both in fiberglass and carbon.

Trevor and his tgcreative.net site has a ton of low cost mods for the tbss lime led lighting, wiring mods, even 3d printed stuff like adding a cabin filter to your ride!

· Lighter-than-you
550 Posts
Thanks Mitch for letting us know this stuff is out there. Checked out dsp site and couldn't find anything on lower fca's or cradle.. sounds very interesting though and would love to see more. Oscar's f***book page is mostly political posts (great way to quickly turn off half of your potential customer base) I just don't understand f***book retail sales.. you can't look at what anybody is selling. There is also no way to conveniently search in previous posts like there is on here for product review and information. What is the appeal that I'm missing out on?

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I so out of social media and forums that this is the only place I'm on. As you said Flomax too much political and opinionated, I have backed off over the last couple of years.

This is the only place I am as you can see with my sale postings.

· Lighter-than-you
550 Posts
OK Race Fabrication is company making these cradle/lca set-ups. They look like a totally legit company and their metalwork quality is top-notch but also only on fb and no website. Props to them for not having a single political post on their profile! Because why be in business if you place your politics over your sales??

· Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,174 Posts
Well we all know which side a company resides with when they do put politics over business. Quite a few thousand at least. I don’t understand how any car performance company could go along with an agenda that kills the gasoline combustion engine.

Reactions: FlomaxSS

· Registered
8 Posts
I don't a care a bit about someone's political beliefs if they are selling a good product for a good price and have good customer service. Not buying from someone because they do not follow your political ideology is juvenile at best. Trust me, you buy stuff everyday from people that are either far left or far right, you just don't know it, I guess ignorance is bliss for some.

· Lighter-than-you
550 Posts
I don't a care a bit about someone's political beliefs if they are selling a good product for a good price and have good customer service. Not buying from someone because they do not follow your political ideology is juvenile at best. Trust me, you buy stuff everyday from people that are either far left or far right, you just don't know it, I guess ignorance is bliss for some.
Yes, ignorance of a business's politics is bliss for all parties. You can call it juvenile all you want but the fact of the matter is, that most people tend to support people and businesses that they have things in common with, ie politics. If a company never advertises their politics then they can only be judged by their product quality/customer assistance. It is unprofessional, at best; for any business, actor, or athlete whose job it is to appeal to as wide an audience as possible, to publicly display political favoritism. I ONLY want to know about a particular product's quality and company's customer service. I support professionalism and as such will never buy from any company that feels the need to publicly display their politics. Thank you for informing me that I'm buying stuff from political extremists everyday; I appreciate the education!

Reactions: MikeDeez and DCast

· Registered
589 Posts
I just learned that Oscar who is making the tubular lower arms, is also looking to make a set of upper arms too. It'll offer some improvements to what DJM offers I assume, and just one more option to choose from. No ETA on the Tubular lower arms for AWD cars yet, but RWD is available for sale and shipping now.

I for one want more camber adjustment, even if lengthening or shortening one of the above mentioned arms for more negative camber. Or put adjustable heims vs bushings on the ends, giving me a range of adjustment.

· Registered
1 Posts
OK, quick question. I waited a little too long to order upper control arms for my lowered 97x Aero, and now after reading the latest threads I'm a little apprehensive to try to go through Tony like I did for the rest of the stuff. What I want to know is: are the current control arms from DJM the same as the ones Tony was offering direct? A year or two ago it seemed there were still issues with the DJM's and you had to modify them to fit, is that still the case? Or do you just order them and bolt them on? DJM has free shipping right now so I can save a few bucks if everything is the same otherwise.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts