Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought XR1 round 3in/out muffler and I am going to put it in where the stock muffler was on my stock exhaust. from then on I will probably continue to run 3" pipe the rest of the way out and then put an exhaust tip on there. I want to put a borla one on there since I did a borla muffler, however I cant seem to find any 3" inlet exhaust tip that will work well with my application. I found 1 that they make but its like 14 inches long which is too long I think and I found one that is "intercooled" to help with noise but I don't really want a quieter exhaust... so what is everyones thoughts? I need to know which exhaust tip to use and I want to stick with borla. What will work?

Heres the 2 borla ones that I found but I don't think will work. Check them out for me.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bor-20251/overview/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bor-20246/overview/

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but its got that sh*t in it... The second one isn't bad except that its huge... although id keep the majority of it tucked under the car, not sticking out.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ugh you're making me really want to do dual exhaust... Do you have any pics of your exhaust routing?

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Reactions: sleeper22

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
So....I had the Borla resonator removed and had a piece of 3" straight ss piping with the 4.5" Magnaflow tip installed. The outcome.....quieter. I was honestly expecting the complete opposite. I'm just guessing that the Borla muffler and Borla resonator contained within their kit was designed to operate in harmony together. Ditching they resonator made it sound like an inboard/ outboard V8 boat on the water. Slightly different tone, but not any louder.
On the flip side, the tip looks really good! Borla XR1 will be replacing the current quiet Borla muffler. Pics to come...it is dirty right now...

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
23 Posts
The 4 or 4.5 would be my pick. The 5 is a little to big for my taste

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
It's dirty, but here are the pics of a 4.5" Magnaflow tip I had installed recently.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts

Stainless works true duals
Looks like both tips need to be pushed toward the outsides.

Reactions: sleeper22
1 - 20 of 20 Posts