Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seeing as I've wanted to order custom wheels for years now, I figured why not support a vendor and all around great guy, Steve and his True Forged operation. I have some Mustang friends who also sing his praises...

I should be getting these in within 1-2 weeks and I have nothing but good things to say about TF. I was amazed at how quickly he was able to get these done. I don't want to speak for Steve and tell everyone that your wheels can be done this quick, but mine were.

Specs: 22x9 True Forged Speed 6, 3 piece, brushed centers, chrome lips, chrome etched bowtie centercaps, 6" b.s., they'll be mounted on 265 40 22 Falken Ziex. Only condition for posting the finished product on the truck is that nobody tell me to lower it! That may or may not be in the works, as I first need to break it easy to the wife about these when they come in (she's none the wiser as of this moment). Looking for 1" front, 2" rear drop if I do anything. Also thanks to Tony for helping dial in the technical specs. Anyways, after all that, just one teaser pic:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe it or not I loved the fact that these mimic the OEM wheel pattern since those are such a great, simple design. I also toyed with the Mach 5's that Tony has and the Speed 7's that are floating around on this board too. At the end of the day, a huge step up in terms of quality, looks, and refinement with a safe design really stuck with me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are sick bro! Are they heavy?
Nope. Overall setup should be ~5-7 lbs lighter than the stock 20" setup. If I am not mistaken, stock wheels and tires = 75 lbs each corner these should come in around ~70 lbs per corner. So I am actually losing ~20 total lbs of unsprung mass. Will it result in noticeably quicker acceleration? Maybe, but I know that I don't have to worry about quicker wear on suspension components as you would with cast wheels. Not to mention decreased braking performance. Aesthetically, I get a flush fenderwell fit, a more aggressive look and slightly better handling.

I submit to everyone if you are thinking about forged wheels, do it...and talk to Steve at True Forged, he's a real good guy.

Forged wheels are big $$$ but there are many benefits to getting them.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS awd
1,365 Posts
Wow! yea that whats up...Yea i am def interested in forged wheels and have been for sometime now...If you dont mind me asking est. how much would i be looking at paying?

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
Gorgeous

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Jealous....

Those are gonna be sick! Can't wait to them on your truck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Way too much

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
That's a subjective statement. I find alot of value in a true custom top of the line wheel. It's why people might prefer an X5 ///M to a TBSS. Yes the X5 is more than double the cost, but it is a far better SUV in every way.

I'm so numb to the vast amount of cheap chrome universal cast wheels I see that I feel the much lower ~$1500 or so cost of cheap wheels is completely not worth it. The upfront cost is low but in the long run your truck's suspension and brakes get punished over time, not to mention a decrease in the already poor gas mileage we get.

As far as the cost, PM me if you really want to know.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts