Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks ago my truck started to move to the driverside (leftside) when braking. At higher speeds it gets stronger pull to the driverside. . I thought it was my tires. I got new ones. I got a alignment as well. But it still happens. Please help any advice?

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Replace both front brake calipers and switch to stainless steel brake lines while you're at it.
You can bring it to an alignment shop to have the front end checked for worn parts to ease your mind as well prior to changing the calipers. I went with the Stop Tech powder coated red calipers from www.autoanything.com. Great product.

Keep in mind, the brake calipers are a wearing item. They age and can begin to freeze up, causing one side to grab before the other. The most simple thing it could be is, the caliper slide pins. If the grease on the pins dries up or hasn't been lubricated in a while, this too can cause your symptoms.

Good luck.

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
190 Posts
I sweet talked a dealer into checking them for me on my Trailblazer. They basically just take a pry bar to them and note the movement. Any competent alignment shop should be able to tell you.

I don't have any photos of them, but you can't always see that they are bad.

I just made the move to the prothane bushings recently on the Saab.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,212 Posts
I'd check the brake pads also, make sure the caliper isn't sticking. The grease on the slider pins dries up and doesn't allow the caliper to move much sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FIXED!

All u guys were right it was the bushings on the sway bar and control arm they were both bad. Truck rides great now. Thanks for all the advice.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
All u guys were right it was the bushings on the sway bar and control arm they were both bad. Truck rides great now. Thanks for all the advice.
Good deal. How many miles were on your TBSS?

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts