Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
can i haz bondo?
TrailblazerSS
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noticed a month after i buy the truck its leaning to the right, so i put it on a level surface i used the frame rack at work, i measured the rear of the frame and its all good

then i measured from the frame rack to the bottom of the 1/4`s and fenders, and my measurements told me its a inch to the right, well off it went to the dealer

they tell me nothing is wrong, no leaks, sensors all good, bags have no leaks, i saw nothing leaking, compressor cycles fine, when it has a load the system does its job

fastforward to today, once again dealer tells me nothing wrong with it, no leaks, and it measures, well i put it back on the frame rack i made my own measurements and its still leaning to the right

im at a loss, if i go to a different dealer im going to hear the same thing any suggestions and info would be great

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
Go to a diff dealer. We've had to "level" a few Trailblazers, Raniers... They just have to adjust the rear sensors.

Service Information 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - 4WD | Envoy, Rainier, TrailBlazer, Ascender VIN S/T Service Manual | Document ID: 2218906
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#06-03-09-006B: EI06006 - Rear Suspension Uneven, Sagging, Low (Recalibrate Air Spring Sensor) - (Dec 15, 2008)

Subject: EI06006 -- Rear Suspension Uneven, Sagging, Low (Recalibrate Air Spring Sensor)

Models: 2006-2007 Buick Rainier

2006-2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS

2006-2007 GMC Envoy, Envoy XL

2006-2007 Saab 9-7X

with Suspension Pkg -- Rear Load Leveling (RPO G67)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to update the labor operation in the warranty information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-03-09-006A (Section 03 -- Suspension).

Condition
Some customers may comment on the rear suspension being uneven or sagging.

Correction
DO NOT REPLACE THE COMPRESSOR.

Based on technician feedback, engineering has determined that the customer's concern can be corrected by recalibrating the air spring sensor. Refer to the Trim Height Uneven or Low diagnostics and Air Spring Sensor Calibration procedure found in SI.

Warranty Information (excluding Saab U.S. Models)

·
can i haz bondo?
TrailblazerSS
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i knew it, i knew there was something with the sensors, ya i`d say time to go back to my original dealer, the one that i went to is convient for me, but now seeing this im going back to advantage chevy

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
Its normal for the pass side front to be a bit lower. Can't adjust it... Unless you put in adjustable coilovers

·
can i haz bondo?
TrailblazerSS
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the right side is a inch lower, and if i can see it with my eyes, and measuring it, and he posted the service bullietin there is a problem just got to get it fixed now

·
Resident Asshole!
2007 Tahoe
3,708 Posts
I'm with Buddy. Either coils or struts to drop, then rear adj......

·
can i haz bondo?
TrailblazerSS
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
trust me guys im dying to lower my truck, just cant afford the prices for the front kit
and ill leave the are bags alone and just adust for lowering

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
The Belltechs are good and cheap. Level out the rear and be done. My truck and many others I lowered are level without coil overs. It takes time, but can be done.

·
can i haz bondo?
TrailblazerSS
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well how cheap is cheap, truck goes in next week, to a dealer i used many times before

·
can i haz bondo?
TrailblazerSS
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok and where can i buy what your talking about, and how reasonable?? and where are you located

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
You can buy the struts through the site, or I have an out side source. Up to you. Price wise, depends on how much you wanna do. A slight drop, struts and bag level only you're looking at 200.

I'm in the Elgin area.

·
Bolt-On Speed
1,868 Posts
If you are taking it to Advantage Chevy in Hodgkins, pm me. I'll tell you the tech's name to see. He is a great dude and will take care of you. Otherwise, see Tim. He is a great guy and will also set you straight. Good luck!

·
can i haz bondo?
TrailblazerSS
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can buy the struts through the site, or I have an out side source. Up to you. Price wise, depends on how much you wanna do. A slight drop, struts and bag level only you're looking at 200.

I'm in the Elgin area.
sorry the heat today has fuckin drained my brain, what site do i buy from
well im looking at a lowering spring and lower the bags, so what out side source do you that can get a decent price

·
can i haz bondo?
TrailblazerSS
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you are taking it to Advantage Chevy in Hodgkins, pm me. I'll tell you the tech's name to see. He is a great dude and will take care of you. Otherwise, see Tim. He is a great guy and will also set you straight. Good luck!
i worked for fuller auto body in lyons for 3 yrs, so i know deena, and the other service writers know how i am and where i worked, they always take good care of my vehicles

ill pm you now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Checked with the GM dealership that I work at, but I'm wondering if there's anyway that I can fix this myself? If I could save myself the trouble of having to pay for it I'd be happy. Thanks for any help.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts