Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
If it shuts off after say 15min+ or so or when it’s warmed up and after cooling down can start again, I’d blame the fuse block under hood.

It can be fixed or replaced. Fixing it is easy if you have the tools and confidence in finding the break in the copper traces. Buying a new block is around $200 or so?

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,453 Posts
Sounds like ignition switch to me
Ign switch is more about not cranking. Fusebox would be the most logical starting place for initial investigation. Its most always a trace on a 90* bend in the same location. When its cooling and heating it flexes by expanding and contracting leading to a crack in the copper trace.

·
Silver Streak
TrailblazerSS
118 Posts
Ign switch is more about not cranking. Fusebox would be the most logical starting place for initial investigation. Its most always a trace on a 90* bend in the same location. When its cooling and heating it flexes by expanding and contracting leading to a crack in the copper trace.
Mine was the Fuse box replaced with no other problems

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,841 Posts
First time my ignition switch went out the truck died as I was doing 45 mph, then wouldn’t start.

·
Registered
2007 RWD TVS 1900, E85, TL headers,
69 Posts
I just posted on an old thread about the same issue. It was the fuse box. I bought a used fuse box and it was also broken in the same spot as mine. I ended up fixing both so now I have a spare.

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
475 Posts
Fuse box here too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing happened to us a little while back. I replaced the ignition switch and it still did it. After trouble shooting everything it ended up being the Fuse Black. Replaced it with a brand new one and it never did it again!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts