Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are tweaking the tune and plan on running my truck at Hollyfest. I cant go, 5th Year anniversity is tomorrow and I missed too many as it is with previous work and what not. Honestly dunno if he will make it but they are going to try and run the Rumbler Class and True Street. The shop owner is running it for me. We will see, more for exposure then trying to win anything. The truck is just 2 hours or so north of bg. Anyway once I get it back next weekend and I will be trying to get it to GLD and an AWD once its up here.

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Do you have any videos of your truck with the 2300 and 2.7?? I've only heard SkooterK's and his was just creeping out of a driveway....I'm too anxious to hear this thing...still sitiing on my garage floor. Fedex failed to find my house today and took my injectors back to their sort facility.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Been a long time coming Damon. Glad to see it's finishing up for you!

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Do you have any videos of your truck with the 2300 and 2.7?? I've only heard SkooterK's and his was just creeping out of a driveway....I'm too anxious to hear this thing...still sitiing on my garage floor. Fedex failed to find my house today and took my injectors back to their sort facility.

I have a short vid on facebook with a short launch with open headers. Can't figure out how to share it though, well not yet. I added it to be shown in my public profile on facebook. Look for Damon Tiffany, lol not many of us out there

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
good luck on it. Is it awd btw i forgot?

found out your running 15lbs with the 2.7 front driven set up. Looking forward to results.

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good luck on it. Is it awd btw i forgot?

found out your running 15lbs with the 2.7 front driven set up. Looking forward to results.
AWD. A few weeks ago they took it down the 8th for shake downs but we started running out of injector with the 60's. We ordered the 80#'s and he is finishing up the tune right now. We are seeing roughly 15-16#'s (reality its probably hitting 15.5 the way it bounces btween the two) right now with the 2.7" pulley. When it ran the 8th it was trapping around 90-91 but running out of fuel but still clicking a 7.5 with a 1.67 60 ft, we were seeing about 90-100% duty cycle. So if it was 1/4 it would have went up. It may not be ready 100% for KY, but once I get it up here in Wisconisn's cool air and low DA I have every intention of being the fastest AWD. But we got alot of guys that should be about where I am as well with Matt with his TVS2300 and Steven with his Procharger Setup so we will see. The setup is solid I think, Charles is still about 50/50 on making it with prior engagements but he is going to try. This all happened last minute, so hopefully he can get in there.

My major concern is spending time with my Wife and daughter this weekend, I missed too much as it is with everything I have been doing for the past 8 years.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
right on. Yah i had a 3200 stall with 2wd and hit so much better than 2800 with the tvs2300. If i had awd 3000 min id prob do a 3400.

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They might but he may not get it there tomorrow in order to run it. Either way i will have a video up soon enough if he does not make it

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well they made a few passes but it didn't make a full pass. It didn't shift out of second on one pass and only ran a [email protected] the second pass just blew the tires off the line, and the third pass the belt start to come off had to back out. They were not able to get any clean passes though. We had a belt on there to use with all 3 pulleys I have, and didn't think to swap it with a smaller one, so he is getting another size for just the 2.7". So maybe next week we will get a chance to try again. He is going to make sure its all right before I get it back.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
:iamwithstupid: once this beast gets dialed it's going to haul the mail. Lost of time, money and work but I is finally starting to pay off:coolthumb:

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
It coming along, just got work the kinks out of it,been through alot of hands these past few years. I was hoping for a bit more but, the 8th mile MPH on the 12.6 run was higher then the 1/4 lol. Hoping to get it up here soon to run it at GLD where the air is cooler and the DA is stupid low. Wish I had tires. I wonder what it would cut, its hitting 1.6 60's now with BFG street tires. He did get it to shift eventually at the end just am adjustment to the tune was needed on that. At the 8th mile it shifted early when they ran the 1/4 it did not want out of 2nd, he let out and it shifted but at that point it was over. Thats fixed now, and he may be going back on tuesday for test and tune at BG. I dunno just yet.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
65 Posts
it was entertaining to say the least, the crowd is up on their feet and clapping when you dont here this thing go down the track and bust out 12's..... lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.