Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i changed the spark plugs to e3 plugs, and msd wires. i also added a ieatsrt8 cai but havent tuned the truck yet, i just havent had the time to go get it tuned. recently i have noticed that the truck seems to be kind of slugish when under wot, not sure if its the plugs wires or cai, just wondering if anyone would have any idea

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,422 Posts
I thought that last summer, didn't do anything to the TBSS and ran the 13.08 in the fall. Glad I didn't touch anything, because I would have falsely contributed what I did for the times. It could just be humidity and heat, poor gas....

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,422 Posts
I can relate, I bought a set of plugs, wires, new air filter. I put the air filter on, but thought with only 40,000 on it (then) it shouldn't be causisng a problem. So they are still in the box.

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,422 Posts
When I replace the plugs, I'll replace them with stock plugs, same with the wires. They've served me well so far.

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,354 Posts
I would say it's your CAI....MAF readings are probably way off, plus your engine/trans may have become quite accustomed to the spark of your old ignition. I'd start with pulling the battery to reset the learned driving parameters...and if it still runs badly, try putting your original induction system back on.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would say it's your CAI....MAF readings are probably way off, plus your engine/trans may have become quite accustomed to the spark of your old ignition. I'd start with pulling the battery to reset the learned driving parameters...and if it still runs badly, try putting your original induction system back on.
i might try that, i am gonna be changing the plugs and seeing if that helps at all. maybe the e3 dont work well on our trucks?

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,354 Posts
Personally I've not heard anyone say anything special about the E3's. I've heard complaints...and I've heard that it runs ok. But never, "Oh my God...it's the best thing to happen to an internal combustion engine" From my research if you don't do OEM, then you go NGK.:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Jesse is spot on with everything. Back when I was stock and installed a K&N Intake my truck did the same thing. With more air flow you need to be retuned to give you more fuel. That's why your bogging out under WOT. Get to Tune Time Performance already and call it a day.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
I agree that the problem is more than apt to be your new CAI with no tune.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jesse is spot on with everything. Back when I was stock and installed a K&N Intake my truck did the same thing. With more air flow you need to be retuned to give you more fuel. That's why your bogging out under WOT. Get to Tune Time Performance already and call it a day.
lol wish i had the time lol do you think its even worth getting the ngk plugs?? i was going to get the ngk tr55ix

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
I wouldnt blame the plugs.

It is known that a cai modifies the engine parameters and adjusting with a tune will improve performance. Until then reset it like others have suggested.

Sent from Galaxy SS via a cool tapatalk app.

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,422 Posts
It's more the new location of the maf than the amt. of air coming in. I had my truck tuned at Vector shortly after I got it with a non cai tune. Back then they had cai tunes and non cai tunes. I then made a 4" intake keeping the maf in the exact same spot. I took it back up to Vector and Kirk took it for a ride with the laptop hooked up. He said he didn't have to change a thing. I think the stock engine is getting enough air, all it can use, with the stock intake. I believe the retune is for the change in position of the maf and how the air runs across it differently when it's in a diff. position.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Matt would tell you NOT to install the E3 Plugs. He installed the NGK's in mine and anything else he works on. I don't think the plugs are your problem though.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
i guess ill probably start with changing the plugs out to the ngk's. i was looking at the tr5ix then ill try disconnecting the battery to let the computer reset itself. should have done some more research b4 getting the plugs lol kinda just got them because a friend recommended them to me. i guess the maf is moved closer to the filter then i thought, compared to the stock set up

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.