Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my SS for about 2 months now. The previous owner put new tires on it a week before I bought it.

The tire are "nexen".
The balance weights where stuck on with what looks like double sided foam 3m tape. They where not stuck behind the "spoke" part of the rim but on the rim just inside the polished part.

The back went out of balance pretty quick, had those balanced today, then a few hours later I head the front driver side wheels weights throw of while going about 45.

So finally the questions
1. Is it common for these wheels to throw weights like this ?
2. Can the weights be put behind the spole pieces ?
3. Do nexen tires suck ?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
Shouldnt throw weights. Its a problem with the balance job. Bad weights or dirty rim.

No they cant put the weights behind the spoke unless thats 180 degrees ouf of the imbalance.

If you want a dynamic balance and not static (and you do) then this is normal. Only other option is to put weights on the outside which looks bad.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
I agree with rich.

Tire might not have seated and spun while driving. Yes weight go on inside rim.

Fourwheeling trick is to use silicone glue to keep the tire seated.

Sent from Galaxy SS via a cool tapatalk app.

·
The Tire Guy....
TrailblazerSS
169 Posts
Yes you can balance behind the spoke, it's called hide a spoke balance. Hunter balancers have the ability to measure the wheel then put in spoke placement.

Charles

Ps Nexen tires, I'll just say this, you get what you pay for. Nexxen tires are cheap....

·
Registered
TBSS Black 2006
532 Posts
I just dumped my nexen's. Cheapest tire made for that rim and they were loud. Put some firestone destination ST's on and noticed a difference in the ride instantly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.