Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey so im having trouble with the security relearn. When i turn the ss off and put it in the on position the security light come on like its supposed to but once i try the second cycle no security light so i wait 10 minutes and do the third cycle and security light is now back on...just wondering why the security light wont illuminate during the second cycle???? Thanks for any feedback!

Okay...so after multiple attempts still nothing, very frustrating.
I bought these computers from a member here who had a 2006 SS 2wd cai efans and exhaust.
I have a 2006AWD with cai & exhaust.

I sent these to Vector and requested the reflash. Is it possible that the tuner didnt set up the tune for my AWD and thats cauing a problem? Is it possible that the modules are locked and cant accept my VIN? Also, why wouldnt the tuner put my VIN on the modules so i wouldnt have to do a security relearn?

I have already emailed Vector so Im guessing ill hear from them on Monday. Anyone experience anything like this? As always thanks for any feedback!

*also another reason i am questioning the tune being reflashed for AWD is after running the tcu on my stock tune the shifts are great going up but downshifting from 2-1 there is a clunk everytime! Maybe im jumping to conclusions but the tcu doesnt seem right and the PCM wont accept the security relearn.

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you using a new key
No, it's the same key as before. It ran just a minute ago with the stock PCM. The second cycle doesn't seem to be registering in the relearn process.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Try waiting about 11mins and time it, was having problems with mine one time the light would go out and I would try to start and nothing. Then starting timing it to 11 mins and bang it fired up!

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I timed it after failing twice, with a stopwatch 10min30sec security light off and ignition off 30sec x3. nothing. Just not sure why the light illuminates on the first and third cycle but not the second? FML

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what do I have to do wiggle my ass 4x while standing on one foot ignition off twirll around twice ignition on....

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Well did you get your tbss running?

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well did you get your tbss running?
I got it running unfortunatly still on the stock tune. I had my buddy whos a dodge tech and we tried together...nothin. Again he is a dodge tech so hes not all that familar. He said dodge does everything with a scan tool. Im frustrated and ive unpluged the cpu twice for no reason, i guess these connectors can only take so much connecting and disconnecting. Last thing I need to do is fuck up the connectors...Thanks for your help though man.

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the same problem. I went through the procedure 4 times until it worked. good luck...
Ive tried it 5x. Timing it and eveything. Did you have a problem with the security light not illuminating during the second cycle?

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, I would of attempted it more times if I wasnt killing the battery after every 40 mins...and its not like i can just start the truck up and recharge the battery...and i definitly dont want to keep switching pcms back and forth

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try waiting about 11mins and time it, was having problems with mine one time the light would go out and I would try to start and nothing. Then starting timing it to 11 mins and bang it fired up!
Just wanted to thank you guys I got in started up timing it to 11Min like 1FAST07SS said. Also after my research, there is no harm in letting cycle longer than the 10-11 minutes so im not sure why some say to time to 10mins (i.e. ss-shootout.com) seems like 10 mins in too short of time for some TBSS, so why not change the directions to 11 mins? Since there is no harm, this would save some people alot of time and frustration.
Thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts