Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to put my Trans in my AWD tbss, I bought a cheap transmission jack from harbor freight that straps the trans with a ratcheting strap. When in lift up the trans the ratchet on the strap hits the truck. So I have to take the strap off and then the trans slides off the jack. It is a real pain in the ass doing on jack stands in my garage. I got it to line up once on the bottom and put the bolts in but the top was like 4 inches apart.

Any tips would be appreciated. I don't have an extra set of hands which i think would help a lot

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,313 Posts
Take a secondary jack and lift the front of the engine with it while you are reconnecting the bellhousing..the engine mounts flex a ton, so when you separate the bell housing and drop the trans the engine tilts forward...making it seem impossible to reconnect the trans

Reactions: quadstar87

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Or if you dont have a 2nd jack, lift the engine up and cut a 2x4 the right lenght between the balancer and the floor. Nearly all the weights on the mou ts, so its completely safe to do. Dont go overboard and jack the crap out of it, the mounts only give so much, so watch as you do it to not over atress the snout. You will easily be able to see when they have stretched as far as they will go, dont go past this and your golden. Jack on front of pan with a board on jack so theres no pressure point that puts all the stress in one area of the pan. G/L

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm an idiot, the reman. Trans had the guide dowel in it and so did my engine that's why they wouldn't go together

1 - 4 of 4 Posts