Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about picking the Treadstone 1245-28 intercooler (6" longer than the original 1245).

Flows 1800 CFM - Thoughts? Let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
the og 1245 works well, for the price you cant really go wrong. not sure if it will fit though

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure if it will fit though
Yeah that is the concern. I will have the bumper off this weekend and will check for length. I am hoping that I can shave some of the piping down on the ends and squeeze it in there.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
IIRC you have right around 34" between the frame rail (removing front bumper tube) and the IC measures 34" from the side mounting pads. I thought about doing the same thing back when I bought mine and ended up going with the 1245 which is more than adequate even for an F-Series if/when you jump up to that.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just picked up a F1C-94 and that is why I am looking for an upgrade to my IC.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
1245 leaves ~3"-4" total clearance between the rails and is a direct replacement using the HOB piping. Going any bigger would require cutting the actual frame and not just the crossbar, and would also require a new passenger side pipe and cutting of the driver side pipe.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
^^^^ I approve this post!!!

As Jeremiah said it will require some slight frame notching if you want any type of clearance to mount it. I believe you are using M1 meth now right? If so mount the 1245 and add another meth nozzle if you are really concerned.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info Rich and Jeremiah.

Currently I have a self modified HOB piping setup with the bigger 3" inlet / outlet intercooler that I got from Jeremiah.

Yes I have Devils Own dual nozzle setup with the 2.25 gallon race tank in the hatch spraying 100% M1.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
Thanks for the info Rich and Jeremiah.

Currently I have a self modified HOB piping setup with the bigger 3" inlet / outlet intercooler that I got from Jeremiah.
And a Scott's hood:bum:

If you are willing to cut some of your frame-loose your fogs- and redo some piping, then it will be just fine.

The 1245 will fit right in by only cutting the crossbar.:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And a Scott's hood:bum:
And the DJM sway bar. I should have bought your PC setup but funds were low at the time it was for sale.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does someone make a 4" inlet / outlet IC worth a crap?
:dunno:
I would like to run all 4" piping right out of the head unit. Or is that just crazy talk?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
4" in and out will require a lot of bumper cutting to clear the brake ducts. my 3" barely fits 4" is over kill unless you want to make 1000+

·
Too fast to be so slow.
TrailblazerSS
3,356 Posts
I'm running 4" on the cold side. Would have done 4" on the hot side too but the outlet of my C is only 3". My cooler is 4" in and out as well.

·
Registered
07 tbss
127 Posts
Man, after you get this on i think martin will have the only TBSS that could upstage yours around here. Going to be a sick truck i cant wait!

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
Buy a I/C core and have custom end tanks welded on that would make pipe routing easier

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
4" is overkill, you are talking race car territory. I ran 3" from blower to IC inlet, 3" outlet all the way to up to a 4" elbow into the TB. With the 1245 IC the IAT's were something close to 10* over ambient in the dyno room @21.5psi making 1140hp.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
120 Posts
You guys just saved me a bunch of time! I just picked a TBSS up, but only plan to run a D1 until my SBE LS3 lets go and then I will upgrade. LOL Thanks for all of the help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts