Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So last night my transmission decided it was time to ef up. ive got an 07 awd with all the bolt ons and tune.

Help me out on this one.. i havent checked to see if there are any codes yet.the shift from 1-2 is good.. but the shift from 2-3 just slips like crazy and then if i give it even a little gas in 3rd and up is slips like noones business. I know nothing about these transmissions so Im simply asking what all could have gone wrong for these symptons. and am i just looking at a rebuild or being able to salvage this...

secondly..i need advice on built transmissions and pricing..im sure ill be doing a cam if im building the tranny.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
441 Posts
iv read that even on stock SS the trannys go bad so i dont think it was anything you did unless u let it drop into 2nd everytime and just take off i heard thats bad for the tranny. im sure its anywear from 3-4k for a good built tranny..

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Maybe you tuner took out the torque management. I'm running double TQ Management and my completely stock trans handles the 521 HP/ 546 TQ at the wheels just fine.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that doesnt sound great!..

can anyone tell me this.... Im cant seem to find prices on the rpm or phoenix transmissions.. price range? looking at the stage 5 ?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
u can get a RPM or FLT lvl5 for like 2,300 they have sales every once in a while.. maybe for labor day they will have a sale

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts
Sounds like your 3-4 Clutch pack is done. You are going to need a full rebuild or new trans.

We are a FLT dealer and the Level 5 FLT would be $2,550 + Shipping.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts
You really need the stage 6 for the awd trucks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You don't need a Level 6. A Level 5 will work great for an AWD that is stock or has bolt ons. The Level 6 only offers a billet output shaft that the level 5 does not have and only needs consideration under extreme duty. Such as, Blown or nitrous applications. Even then a Level 6 is not required but merely preferred. In this situation the extra $500 would be a want vs. a needs/requirement.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You don't need a Level 6. A Level 5 will work great for an AWD that is stock or has bolt ons. The Level 6 only offers a billet output shaft that the level 5 does not have and only needs consideration under extreme duty. Such as, Blown or nitrous applications. Even then a Level 6 is not required but merely preferred. In this situation the extra $500 would be a want vs. a needs/requirement.
fair enough.. now the questions from here would be stalls..

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts
Depends on a few things. Do you plan to tow? do you race the truck or plan to race the truck? If you need to tow the options are the I6 we offer ($375) or the PTB converter ($945) from Yank. If Towing is not a concern and you are looking for more overall performance a SS series converter ($725) would be in order.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i dont think ill be towing with is but id like to option if i need to. and i will be adding a cam soon after if that makes a difference. Ill have to call yank tomorrow and get a complete rundown..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.