Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to do a transmission fluid and filter change on my TBSS AWD. I’m going to Change the pan also. My question is.

I want to add the items below. Do I have to drop the transmission?

• Sonnax HP-4L60E-01 kit
  • Sonnax 2nd servo 2nd Gear "Corvette" Ratio Servo Kit Part No. 77701-04K
  • Sonnax Super 4th servo 4th Gear Super Hold Dual Servo Kit Part No. 77767K

Can the servos be added without dropping transmission?

PFA:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,127 Posts
Justdid this last weekend, new filter and fluid. Added sonnax pinless accumulator 77998-03k, pinless forward accumulator and new gm corvette servo. Was not hard at all, can be done in 1 night and only have to drop pan and filter. 1-2 shift is firmer, rpm drops less and 3-4 shift is sharp, dropping some pedal in 3rd also feels stronger, best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Civteck so for the parts you added you did not have to drop whole tranny out truck?

what part numbers did you use for:
  • pinless forward accumulator?
  • new gm corvette servo?

Thank you for all your help/info.

Reason asking these questions is since I have to do tranny fluid and filter change what can I update in tranny since opened up there but without having to drop tranny out.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,127 Posts
Correct did not drop the trans. Being awd also i did not want the sonnax servo thinking it would be too much for my geriatric trans to handle, and i didnt want to reuse my old parts as that kit does. These are the 2 kits i bought and installed. The sonnax kit will only use 2 of the 3 parts as i believe the extra is for the 700r4

Reactions: Mitch808

·
Registered
26 Posts
Civteck so for the parts you added you did not have to drop whole tranny out truck?

what part numbers did you use for:
  • pinless forward accumulator?
  • new gm corvette servo?

Thank you for all your help/info.

Reason asking these questions is since I have to do tranny fluid and filter change what can I update in tranny since opened up there but without having to drop tranny out.

What brand and type of transmission fluid did you do go with? I have a 4L70e filling it for the 1st time.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,127 Posts
OEM General

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts