Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 TBSS AWD
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago, I was pulling my motorcycle and open trailer. When I got off the highway, stopped at the light, and then went to take off, the truck revved up a little, then started to move. When this happened, it felt like I did a neutral drop or had a really high stall speed convertor? With the slack in the gears, there was a pretty bad shock to drive train. After awhile, the truck stopped doing this and behaved normally. On the way back home, the same thing happened during the last 50 miles of the trip. After the trans engages, there is no more “slack” or “delay” in the drivetrain and shifts into 2, 3, & 4 just fine. The trans fluid was at the correct level, didn’t smell burned, or appear to be excessively hot. I have been driving it around town for the last couple of months for a 1000 miles and everything seems fine. I am getting ready to pull my motorcycle and trailer again so I am getting back to finding out what is going with the trans.

The trailer & motorcycle weigh less than a 1000 lbs, and I have pulled a trailer before that weighed 2250 lbs and never had a problem. Could this be a heat issue or a problem with a solenoid in the transmission? I don’t have an auxiliary trans cooler, but the trans has been rebuilt and modified for increased reliability by Jasper Engine less than 10k miles by the previous owner. I am going to change the filter & fluid and add a trans cooler. Any other suggestions? I have already replaced the transfer case & rear end fluid less than 5k miles ago and the old fluid was full and not bad.

I appreciate any help or suggestions. I have looked thru the forum and I didn’t find anyone else with this issue.

Thanks, Shimaze

·
Registered
2006 TBSS AWD
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I am going to install a trans cooler and hope for the best?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts