Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had this trans in for about 2 years. Can't complain held up to nitrous passes street racing etc for a while now.

Lost 3-4th again

Just talked to vince so my buddy kevin is pulling the trans and on monday and shipping it over to him.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
That blows!... Who built it the first go around?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FLT built it. I race the truck gets driven daily and does over 580 at the wheels on the jug which we have used a lot. I was going to just get a new built transmission but this tranny has a lot of good parts plus a billet output shaft so no use spending $$$$ when I can just send it out to get refreshed.

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,740 Posts
That kind of power and that kind of weight I don't think you could ask for too much more. Might have got 4 years if the trans was in an f-body.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
havent seen a 4L80E on these trucks for 2 years yet. On performancetrucks.net guys are not going a lot of miles on the 80es either. Im reading up guys refreshing every couple of years and some have gone out with about the same power I have.

If i didnt have a built trans id do the 80e but for the cost and how long it lasted me ill stick to a 80e.

Dont think cause you have a 80e that all is good and will last forever.

·
Canadian
TrailblazerSS
2,118 Posts
nitrous is hard on parts no matter how built it is. 2 yrs is a good run for that setup, and how it's run

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
Id say that is pretty good life for a built trans! When you get into a decent power level and/or have a heavy vehicle, a transmission becomes a wearable part. If you want to drive it every day its something you need to learn to deal with.

The guys over at FLT are great, helped me out when I was in a bind with my truck too.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
trans is out shippin tomm i hope.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
I refreshed mine back in april and couldnt tell a difference in it. I think when its that time its just that time ya know.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
one good thing is that no hard parts broke. Cluth slip didnt really worry my. If i heard a loud thud and crack then i would be stressed.

Reactions: speedmaster747

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
This is the black truck right?

Glad I havent had any issues with mine yet. I am sure it has about 100 passes on it.

I woudlnt mind it breaking so much but just hope its not a hard failure at the track 60-100 miles from home !

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts
Had this trans in for about 2 years. Can't complain held up to nitrous passes street racing etc for a while now.

Lost 3-4th again

Just talked to vince so pulling trans on monday and shipping it over to him.
Sucks to hear this happened. Hopefully its a quick turnaround.

Just curious Since it is an FLT trans why you contacted Vince instead of FLT to fix it?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
flt are great guys just vince built the trans when it was at flt and id rather him do it again (not bad mouthing flt at all here)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts