Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my trans fluid and I usually run Royal Purple lubricants in all my vehicles but they don't make a trans fluid that works for the 4L70E. So what trans fluid should I buy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
I want to change my trans fluid and I usually run Royal Purple lubricants in all my vehicles but they don't make a trans fluid that works for the 4L70E. So what trans fluid should I buy?

what are you using to lift your truck up?

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I ended up going with Castrol Dexron VI cause all I could find was that and Valvoline so oh well

And Evil what's wrong with Royal Purple and what's the difference between it and Redline?

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats what I use. Almost 100k miles on my stock trans and still going strong. :cheers1:
Yeah the reason I changed it is cause it felt like is was slipping a little in first when the trans was hot but it seems to be holding good now no slip....I'm putting a cooler on next weekend

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Why do you say that? Is it Royal Purple in general or just for the trans fluid???
Please explain...
Because 3 separate independent labs tested RP's claims of adding power among other things and all 3 labs found the claims to all be false and misleading. None of RP's oils were currently API certified for years...eventhough they stamped them as such. RP personally made the manual trans in my last vehicle fail, the oil I used one time in one of my vehicles came out at 2,000 miles with the consistency of water, was pure black, and the blackstone report came back with the advice to use a different oil...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,258 Posts
Because 3 separate independent labs tested RP's claims of adding power among other things and all 3 labs found the claims to all be false and misleading. None of RP's oils were currently API certified for years...eventhough they stamped them as such. RP personally made the manual trans in my last vehicle fail, the oil I used one time one of my vehicles came out at 2,000 moles with the consistency of water, was pure black, and the blackstone report came back with the advice to use a different oil...
Thanks for the explanation. I have always ran RP on my truck... I have friends that worked at AutoZone so I got it cheap... Most likely going to run Mobil 1 from now on... Or AMSOIL..

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
I know plenty of people that love RP, but personally I would not use it to lube a drill bit when cutting through thick steel...I hate RP and all their products!

For Dexron VI, stick with Redline, Castrol, Valvoline, or GM...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts