Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today when i was changing my oil i noticed that where the trans bolts up to the front of the truck there was some trans fluild slightly leaking out. It looks like its leaking ever so slightly. Seeing how I do not do my own work im looking for some advice on what to expect. trans is stock with 88,000 miles

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Converter seal or pump o-ring. Trans has to come out. Either part is cheap, it's just the labor that will cost

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thanks for the quick reply now the question is what should i do.

Reactions: 07AWDSSilverSS

·
SSlow & high!
TrailblazerSS
2,256 Posts
well thanks for the quick reply now the question is what should i do.
I'd have the trans rebuilt or upgraded if you have the funds & add a stall :2cents:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm thinking about putting in a flt level 5 trans and a 3600 stall

·
SSlow & high!
TrailblazerSS
2,256 Posts
Go for it and don't look back!:coolthumb:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i need to decide on a stall to order and quick. do i really need a tripple disc or can i get by with a single disc. yank, circle d or vigilante? im leaning towards circle d

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
SSlow & high!
TrailblazerSS
2,256 Posts
i need to decide on a stall to order and quick. do i really need a tripple disc or can i get by with a single disc. yank, circle d or vigilante? im leaning towards circle d
That all depends on your future goals, running NA or Forced Induction, etc Contact Circle D & go from there! :2cents:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Planning on NA

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Should I order my trans with the sonnax smart tech input housing it's the new question. ?

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Triple disc is over rated imo.

I'd get the housing while you're there, but I'm hard on stuff

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
452 Posts
I would go ahead an do the smart tech housing myself if you plan on beating on it, it's a good upgrade to have. Convertor wise I would recommend Circle-D or Pro Torque. I was running a Yank 3600 SS series with the convertor to flexplate clearance within spec recommended by Yank and it cracked the snout in multiple spots all the way around. Also on the convertor the only time you really need a triple disc is if you plan to lock the convertor when in overdrive during a pass at the track so there is minimal slippage. This is what I was told and had explained to me by the guy that spec'd my convertor so I would just go with a single disc.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I went with a flt level 5 with the housing and billet pump and a circle d 3600 single disc pro series

Reactions: 07AWDSSilverSS

·
SSlow & high!
TrailblazerSS
2,256 Posts
Nice keep me posted!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
452 Posts
Well I went with a flt level 5 with the housing and billet pump and a circle d 3600 single disc pro series
Nice setup man. I think yoh made a good choice. I'll be running a 10.5" pro torque billet single disc with my FLT 7. Also thinking of putting a SFI bellhousing on mine while it's out for this new build.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just picked her up and I can't believe how the truck drives now. So many smiles per gallon coming now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts