Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today my son was borrowing my truck and was driving to where I work and had only been driving for about 5 minutes. He had to pull over on the hiway bcuz he smelled burning and saw some smoke. He looked under truck and saw it was covered with trans fluid. So we got it towed to my work where I jacked it up and discovered it was coming out of the bellhousing. Truck still has quite a bit of fluid showing on dipstick, so it hadn't been happening too long, but comes out pretty good if started and shut off quickly. Truck still moves when put into gear and no weird noises. I am not a tranny expert by any means?? I'm thinking front seal or converter split??? What do you guys think??? Truck has 105k on it and a 3200 phoenix stall that has been in truck for a little over a year now... Thanks for any input..

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,505 Posts
Maybe the pump/shaft seal, pump housing cracked, or TC. Either way the trans has to come out. GL. Let us know what you find.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
What James said. Same thing happened to me, pulled the trans and there was a hairline crack in the weld on the nose of the converter.

Gotta pull the trans and go from there...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input guys, gonna tear it down this weekend and hope for the best..

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Its most likey oring seal where converter foes in or the teflon inner seal go nicked which cill force flui out even with a good seal (per the tranny shop I go to) Mine was the teflon seal. Either way trans has to come out.

·
Registered
2006 Chevy TBSS
50 Posts
At the right speed, when enough comes out and it streaks down to your exhaust, it makes an awesome smoky trail but you can't see it through the tinted window. I was lucky enough to have a coworker just happen to be behind me and he recorded it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after spending ALL day and night working on my truck tearing the tranny out I found the problem, it was hard to spot at first but I found my converter had split at one of the welds. If you sat there and stared at it the fluid would slowly start to seep out of the cracked weld/seem. Im sure when the truck was running the pressure inside the converter forced it out at a much greater rate. So with the aid/kindness of Chad 11-6.2 of lending me a spare converter I was up and running again. I also replaced the converter seal while I was in there... Now its time to get a new verter, possibly stepping out of the 3200 and into a 34-3600 this time, gotta get those 60's down... :biggrin2:

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Chad is all right for a little dicked queer.

I know everyone is all about Greg, or yank converters, but I love my trasmission specialties 3400 converter. Granted I get a discount but I think for the price and being a billet converter they are hard to beat for the price.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chad is all right for a little dicked queer.

I know everyone is all about Greg, or yank converters, but I love my trasmission specialties 3400 converter. Granted I get a discount but I think for the price and being a billet converter they are hard to beat for the price.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
DAMN every one knows about his little dick!!! I thought his wife told me that in secret?? LOL

Yes, I know there are other verters out there that are good as well. But this one was bought from Greg and is probably my 5th converter that ive bought from him and he always stands behind his products and treats me right. I would never go anywhere else...

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
You are using a converter that was Chad's????

Bless your heart.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
452 Posts
My yank SS 3600 cracked in multiple places around the snout itself not the weld at the bottom of it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: TBSS-DJ
1 - 15 of 15 Posts