Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took the ride in to have the trans fluid changed and possibly changing out the servo. they pulled the servo out and he said it was the high output servo so they reinstalled it. before the fluid change it had a kind of a firm shift. when i get it back, now it shifts kind of weak. is this right? this shop has been around for a long time and they know their stuff so im not doubting what they done just looking some opinions.

·
Premium Member
'08 TBSS 2wd
1,496 Posts
I've seen people get the return spring installed incorrectly, when reinstalling the servo. It gives a very soft 1-2 and 3-4. If that is what is wrong, it needs to be corrected immediately, or the band will burn.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just talked with them and he says its the synthetic oil used. He said the full synthetic fluid is worse. He says he only pulled the cover and noticed it was the Corvette or high output servo so he put the cover back on. He advised if I wanted firmer shifts to get a electronic controller for it. I guess I will be riding it out and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.