Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well my 2008 ss tb trans lost 3 and 4 gear it sucks i was about 30 min from my house i had to turn around when i felt 4 slipping bad then by the time i got back on the high way i lost 3 so i was driving home in 2nd gear for a good 2 hours on side roads. i had a feeling it was gonna go one day becuase it always had a wierd shift but it suck when ur so far away it only has 29000 miles exactly when bringing it to the dealer. i dropped it off at the dealer there gonna check it all out and hopefully replace it soon how long do u guys think it will take. they gave me a yukon as a loaner.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS 3SS
1,226 Posts
a few days as long as the parts they need are readily availiable, and there shop isnt flooded with work

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
no should take 1 working week. all said and done as long as the Tranny is stocked. in which is should.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
Well my 2008 ss tb trans lost 3 and 4 gear it sucks i was about 30 min from my house i had to turn around when i felt 4 slipping bad then by the time i got back on the high way i lost 3 so i was driving home in 2nd gear for a good 2 hours on side roads. i had a feeling it was gonna go one day becuase it always had a wierd shift but it suck when ur so far away it only has 29000 miles exactly when bringing it to the dealer. i dropped it off at the dealer there gonna check it all out and hopefully replace it soon how long do u guys think it will take. they gave me a yukon as a loaner.

shouldnt be that long as they have plenty in stock. mine likes to slip a little depending on the day, temp and accel position. ticking time bomb i say...

i just got the same loaner for other warranty work im having done. truck def rides nice

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
I was told 3 to 4 days, as expected it took a week. Would've been a lot longer had I waited for the heavy duty rebuild that I wanted. If you're paying out of pocket get a built one put in or see If you can pay the difference and they'll put a built one in for you.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
I was told 3 to 4 days, as expected it took a week. Would've been a lot longer had I waited for the heavy duty rebuild that I wanted. If you're paying out of pocket get a built one put in or see If you can pay the difference and they'll put a built one in for you.
i know we would allow that being an extended warranty, but would the factory warranty do that as well?

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Dam Vinny, I hope you won the race. I hope you don't have a tune. I'm glad mine is still going strong at 33,000

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no its all stock i only have a cai and a exhaust no tune yet and the sad part was i wasnt even racing.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
i know we would allow that being an extended warranty, but would the factory warranty do that as well?
I wouldn't know, mine was out of pocket and I couldn't wait 3 weeks for a built one. Had I not had to pay for a rental cat I would've waited.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i got a phone call its done they rebuilt the trans im gonna pick it up in the morning and hopefully they did a good job new rochelle chevy always did great work to my cars and always fast but i couldnt believe how fast they did this.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
They probably swapped it out with one of those pre-rebuilt ones.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Vinny you are one lucky son of a bitch.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol well ill let u guys know tomorrow on how it is hopefully its better than new.

Idk he told me they rebuilt he said all the clutches where mest up and 3 and 4 gear was gone.

·
Registered
225 Posts
They probably did rebuild it. Its cheaper than putting in a new or rebuilt unit from GM.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i got the truck today and it shifts better than ever im happy with it
new rochelle chevy did a great job.

·
Premium Member
07 tbss
2,341 Posts
When mine went, the dealer had my truck for a month, but they did give me a new silverado to mob for the meantime

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i only put about 50 miles on it but it seems great im happy with it

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what intake u have i have a k+n in there

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
1,697 Posts
i've heard so far only good thing bout new roc chevy... glad your down time wasn't long.
but since you have a cai & a exhaust... it's time for a TUNE vin. :biggrin2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts