Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 AWD with 52 k on the clock, my warranty i purchased when buying her was the 60k/60m GMPP and im about to expire on the 60 months in June.
Now my concern is my trans, everytime i put the trans in gear there is a very loud clunk and also when being put in reverse. I also have the very hard 1-2 shift which i realize most tbss do. Also, there have been numerous times where ive went WOT and the tranny will not shift and redline in whatever gear I was in, then once i let off the gas and the rpms drop its fine again. My concern is what to do??? I dont have any evidence to show the dealer and i cannot replicate, but im sure something wrong.

Should i just beat the f*** out of it for the next few months and try to blow it up before my warranty expires ....any opinions suggestions...?

I just know what will happen if I ignore the issue...warranty up in june...tranny blown in july.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
What ever you do, don't tell the dealer you take it to Redline.... ever... Just take it to them, and say that your having troubles....(not shifting, shifting hard, clunking, and slipping) And tell them to let you know if they will cover under extended warranty.... If so you should give an aftermarket trans shop a call (like FLT or RPM), and tell them you want to swap in one of their transmissions in under warranty... (I've heard of a few instances where GMPP paid a 'certain' amount toward an after market transmission) Especially since you are soon out of your powertrain warranty...

This may cost you a little, but it will save you future headache.... Especially since the dealer is just going to put another stock transmission in, possibly giving you headaches down the road...

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
I'd take it in now, but that's just me. G/L and make sure they do SOMETHING for you before your warranty runs out.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2007
236 Posts
I'm in the same boat. !0 months left on my powertrain. And i'm taking it in very soon. Play dumb. say my tranny isn't right. try more than one GM dealer some suck some are great.

·
Registered
05 TrailblazerSS AWD
666 Posts
The only thing that will fix the no shift at redline is the transgo hd kit
It has a ball you install to stop pressure loss and new springs. I have it installed in mine.

Also its a SS and should be at redline...that's what a sports model is for!

sent from Tom's DroidX via Tapatalk

·
Resident Asshole!
2007 Tahoe
3,708 Posts
If you bought it used in 07, from a chevy dealer, it should have a GM certified used 100k powertrain warranty for 5 years after date of purchase by the original owner.... Call someone who works for chevy here, and have them do a vis check for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts