Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
mixmaster
TrailblazerSS
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering what part #'s and or what filter/fluid you recommend for the tranny. Yes i searched and I read the the flush thread but i don't really want to flush it quite yet i just want to change to fluid and put in a new filter, i am coming up on 50K.

thanks in advance
-Nick

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
DEXTRON 6. Not sure on the filter part #, ask your parts store. I would add a trans cooler ASAP.

Nate

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
170 Posts
What's the link to the tranny flush procedure? Also I was thinking of going to the extrem use tranny fluid form amsoil, anyone ever use this? I'm trying to prolong the death of my tranny.

·
mixmaster
TrailblazerSS
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Hooked on speed
06 Trailblazer SS
3,099 Posts
I've got an '06 but I think your '08 will be the same. NAPA trans gasket and filter kit is ATP part number 1-9750. Cost me $21.50 plus tax a couple of years ago. Best deal around here for fluid was O'Reilly's Valvoline Dexron 6. Took nearly 5 quarts to refill with the pan drop.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
384 Posts
I used a acdelco filter kit. I just recently did mine. Took me 16 qts to flush the fluid out till it looked good. I used the valvoline dex 6 from advance auto parts.

I ordered it online and picked it up in the store bc it's cheaper. You can use online codes at advance auto and get 50 off 125. So it came out to be a great deal.

·
mixmaster
TrailblazerSS
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info fellas

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I got a filter at Advance Auto for about $20, I bought my fluid (Dex VI) at Walmart it was about $4 a qt vs $6 a qt at the parts store. I didn't get everything out but I disconnect the line real quick by the rad then started it, didn't wanna empty it that way and then I dropped the pan but not that much more came out, I got about 8-9 qts swapped. Trans felt much better afterwards at 64K don't think it was done before I bought it. I'll prob flush it again in a year to have it almost all new fluid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.