Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a motorcycle trailer now that i sold my truck and have the SS. So i am wondering who has a trailer, what size is it, what options does it have. I was looking at a 6x10(single axle) and a 7x12(dual axle). Pros and cons? Really only need it to haul 1 bike (my harley), but would be nice to have a lil extra space for a bolt down tool box. Suggestions are much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
I have a 5x10 with a 4' endgate that I used to pull my R1 with. I could fit 2 bikes on there side by side. If you will be trailering you bike very much then you may want to look into getting a Baxley chock. http://www.baxleycompanies.com/. They're kinda expensive but if you trailer your bike alot, its well worth it. I had 2 of the sport chocks and it makes loading them a breeze. Just ride the bike into the chock, get off and use two ratchet straps on the rear pegs.

·
Premium Member
06 RWD Whitey
6,023 Posts
I have this.
6' X 12' V-NOSE ENCLOSED CARGO TRAILER - SINGLE 3,500 DEXTER 4' DROP AXLE, V-NOSE , REAR RAMP DOOR, 36" SIDE DOOR, 78" INTERIOR HEIGHT, BLACK, 18" HIGH DIAMOND PLATE PANELS ON NOSE

The box is 6'x12'. With the V-nose, I actually pick up almost an additional 2 feet to the peak.

I paid $2,400.00 out the door title tax and tags brand new.

V-nose, gives you a bit more storage in the front and helps keep it slightly more steady on the highway. Its also a single axle which will have a far better turning radius than a dual axle.

:2cents: :dunno:

To each his own...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts