Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday night after the fight an idiot decides to run a stop sign and take me out. He jumps out his truck and runs away, no insurance on his truck and the owner of the truck claims it was stolen that night... im sure my insurance will cover but its just a hassle. Not sure if the new a-arms are jacked up now but everything else on the passenger is. im sure the panhard bar will definently be necessary after this :fist:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,972 Posts
That's jacked up. The little punk ass ran away huh? I guess the owner claims it was stolen so he can't be help liable for your damages. That's BULLSHIT!!

Afterthought: Did the owner of the truck report it stolen to the police? If so shouldn't there be a report of some sort to match that "stolen" claim. Was it BEFORE OR AFTER YOU GOT HIT???? Just saying!

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Ouch man thats unfortunate but like they always say it could have been worse! Hope it works out for you maybe an opportunity for some cool parts?

·
Suckin' Gas & Haulin' Ass
08 Trailblazer 3SS
6,103 Posts
Man that does suck major ass.
depending on your state laws, if it's in fact a stolen vehicle, than you could be able to use your uninsured motorist PD (if you have it) which usually has a lower ded than your collision coverage.

The owner's insurance will have to do an investigation to determine if it's truly a theft or or if it's a situation where their kid took the keys without permission, etc. typically if it's a friend or relative who had access to keys we don't consider it to be a theft...(in most cases)..

Good luck!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah the cop said it will just be a big insurance battle between mine and his but maybe mine will cover and go after his ins company. just wish i woulda got a good look at him, he was drunk as shit when the cop called him an hour later. regardless it sucks, coulda been alot worse though. Yeah true jim, karmas a bitch

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man that does suck major ass.
depending on your state laws, if it's in fact a stolen vehicle, than you could be able to use your uninsured motorist PD (if you have it) which usually has a lower ded than your collision coverage.

The owner's insurance will have to do an investigation to determine if it's truly a theft or or if it's a situation where their kid took the keys without permission, etc. typically if it's a friend or relative who had access to keys we don't consider it to be a theft...(in most cases)..

Good luck!
He mentioned the uninsured motorist thing to me, ive got to call about it on wed. or thurs. after the hit and run division investigates first. Looks like ill be carpooling to work for a few weeks lol. Thanks for the support guys

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
If the owner was drunk when the cop called, sounds to me like the driver ran str8 to his house to plan a story that someone stole his ride.
Sorry to hear bro. It will work out for u I'm sure.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$7200 bucks in damages. the most expensive thing seemed to be radiator and ONE headlight for 200 bucks lol. Thinking of getting aftermarket ones for $300 and and just getting to the 200 back from insurance. :::decisions, decisions:::

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
If the owner was drunk when the cop called, sounds to me like the driver ran str8 to his house to plan a story that someone stole his ride.
Sorry to hear bro. It will work out for u I'm sure.
Yeah i mean, thats what i woulda done. But then the dude comes back with his buddy and acts like it was just stolen. WHAT AN IDIOT, his hit and run case is still pending though. :copcar:

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Wow I would of ran after his ass!!!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2008
821 Posts

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,015 Posts
Wow I would of ran after his ass!!!
That would have been the only way that driver would be held responsible... that sucks man, but the officer is right. It is just going to be a huge battle between insurance companies... but if the truck really was uninsured then it will be your insurance company that will pay. I hope you have underinsured/uninsured coverage...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts