Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I got a 2006 ss and I have been encountering a weird issue, when ever I make sharp turns I hear a bit of a sound and the traction control light comes on I know what ever it is needs to be fixed ASAP but I just don’t know what it is... Can someone shed some light on my issue?

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,772 Posts
Front wheel hubs. Common failure on these trucks

Reactions: db-guru

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,535 Posts
Get Moog or Timken hubs. They have better life than the off brands. I recommend replacing both. Those who just replace just one usually have to replace the other in 6-12 months.

Reactions: Spivitz

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
331 Posts
Does anyone have experience with these hubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,081 Posts
Got cheapOs off ebay just replace both

Sent from my boujea ass phone

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
32 Posts
Hey everyone I got a 2006 ss and I have been encountering a weird issue, when ever I make sharp turns I hear a bit of a sound and the traction control light comes on I know what ever it is needs to be fixed ASAP but I just don’t know what it is... Can someone shed some light on my issue?
Yes Im just putting my 2 cents in. I agree now with replacing both front wheel hubs. Taking off going straight I had my friend with his fancy snap on scanner watch my wheel speed signals. We determined it was front right hub bearing causing the issue of inadvertent brake application and traction light going on and flashing. I replaced the front right hub bearing and the backing plate while I was in there. It looked worse then it was but I replaced it anyway. They have the backing plates available on rockauto for 15 bucks, at least for my 07. Painted her up really pretty with some engine primer paint and engine gloss black enamel, high heat to 550. Figured backing plate isnt going to get that hot. So fixed the problem with stabilitrak going straight forward, but now when I turn left at low speed its activating once in awhile. So needless to say Im doing the left front now, with fancy backing plate. Gotta match em up guys come on. You know I figured the left is about to fail due to age which is affecting the a/c signal, so u just got to put 2 new fresh ones. Kind of sucks but looks like that's the way it is with these babies. So the signals will match better and not be activating the brakes. GUYS JUST DONT HAMMER DOWN ON THE AXLE SHAFT NUTS, TIGHTEN THEM BY HAND AND USE A TORQUE WRENCH SO YOU DONT RUIN THE BEARING OUT OF THE GATE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts