Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, Im very mechanically inclined. I have built engines, removed and installed entire drive trains, done cam installs, etc. (just putting that out there so no one is reading this thinking......"this guys just an idiot")

I have also read a ton OF SHIT about this system.

I have now had 2 full sets of TPMS sensors installed and I can not get them to relearn (neither could discount tire)

I follow the procedure to the T (set brake, turn lights 4 times till the horn beeps twice, etc)

If I start with the left front I get no beep.

Go to right front.....BEEP
Go to right rear....BEEP
Go to left rear......BEEEP
Go to left front......NOW IT FUCKING BEEPS but only one time.

Is there any way I can find out if the TPMS control unit is bad short of taking it to the dealer.????

Any GM techs here that can shed some light on this?

Ive never been so frustrated over a stupid system I don't need in the first damn place.

UGGGHGHHHHHHHHHHHH

:burp:

Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
946 Posts
Have you tried swapping the left front wheel with one of the other wheels than try again?

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
946 Posts
Okay,

maybe I am an idiot. haha. :rofl:

I will try that next.

thanks.

See what happens. Maybe you have 1 bad sensor. The aftermarket sensors are hit and miss.

2008 TBSS Super Charged

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
68 Posts
I think you are supposed to start with the drivers front, then passenger front, passenger rear, then driver rear....?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you are supposed to start with the drivers front, then passenger front, passenger rear, then driver rear....?
yes....but the drivers side front won't beep if I start there first. But if I start at the pass front, they all beep......even the last one (which is the drivers front in this scenario)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem was the TPMS control module. Its now replaced with all new sensors. Hopefully I won't have to address that stupid system again for the rest of my life.

:cheers1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts