Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zero power. Cleaned all contacts checked all fuses everything is good. Hooked up a led test plug and nothing to any of the wires. I used a meter also and nothing. Is there something I am missing. I am curious but I highly doubt if it has anything to do with the liftgate module issues I have been having. But I am just trying to get my trailer to have lights so I am not getting stopped. I know the trailer lights are good they have been tested and verified on 2 of my friends trucks.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hooked on speed
06 Trailblazer SS
3,099 Posts
I believe there's a fuse in the box under the rear seat for the trailer lights. Might check that.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
190 Posts
There is a little red wire that's loose next to the positive battery connection. The truck comes from the factory with it unconnected. I can't remember if the red wire powers up the harness or just provides auxiliary power to the trailer.

Did it work before? Wires loose behind the plug?

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
There is a little red wire that's loose next to the positive battery connection. The truck comes from the factory with it unconnected. I can't remember if the red wire powers up the harness or just provides auxiliary power to the trailer.

Did it work before? Wires loose behind the plug?
That wire is just for auxiliary power to power 12v accessories. It has nothing to do with the regular trailer wire outputs. It seems as though the ground is possibly severed or loose possibly.

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
At the underhood fuse block, check fuse #4, TRLR BCK/UP, 10A, fuse #51, TRLR LT TRN, 10A, and fuse #50, TRLR RT TRN, 10A. At the rear fuse block, check fuse #42, TR PARK, 10A.

·
Hooked on speed
06 Trailblazer SS
3,099 Posts
You know your stuff Brandon.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Yes, he's the fuse block and wiring schematic wiz!

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts