Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st what size are the bolts that hold the TC to the flexplate
2nd how do we get all three bolts off I was lookin up in there an it looks kinda hard
3rd do we need to take the starter off the get the TC off
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
dont u have to pull the trans?

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,453 Posts
15 mil socket or 8 mi allen and you need to hold the rotating assembly from turning while you do it. Yes take the starter off and then the plastic cover off to access. They are on torqued on very tight. I could not get mine to loosen up until I pulled motor and trans together out and then I could get a good hold on it.

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Not sure if I understand your question but you can get the TC bolts from the starter hole. It is a bitch and I did it with the headers & everything out after I put the new motor in. Just turn the motor over with the crank bolt or push the teeth on the flexplate to get to the next one.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
720 Posts
1st what size are the bolts that hold the TC to the flexplate
2nd how do we get all three bolts off I was lookin up in there an it looks kinda hard
3rd do we need to take the starter off the get the TC off
Thanks in advance

1... 15mm
2... Turn the crank till you can see the bolts in the hole from the starter. I use a swivel socket, 3' of extensions and an impact. Remove or install the bolt, and roll the motor over till you can see the next bolt. To turn the crank, you'll need a 24mm.
3... yes. Remove the two 13mm bolts, and swing it out of the way, to gain access to the converter bolts. Make sure you have the battery disconnected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.