Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short I happened to murder my transmission two weeks ago, thursday.
I have been having no luck with the local shop after telling them I want it beefed up when rebuilt. They are not the best communicators but assure me that, like many others, their trans guy is the best... needless to say I have to trust them at this point, I need my truck back asap.

Ok that being said today I was told that I should not step up my converter due to it throwing codes and since its not cammed its not worth it. The guy absolutely didnt want to put a 3000k stall as recommended by circle d. He said his trans guy wouldnt recommend it either. Gave me a story about his cammed mustang, as if it was even comparable to our 5000+ pound tanks.
So what Im asking is on what grounds can you see or has anyone noticed with a TQ upgrade.
MODS
CAI, pcm of NC tune, they are putting dynatech longtubes on.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,002 Posts
So long story short I happened to murder my transmission two weeks ago, thursday.
I have been having no luck with the local shop after telling them I want it beefed up when rebuilt. They are not the best communicators but assure me that, like many others, their trans guy is the best... needless to say I have to trust them at this point, I need my truck back asap.

Ok that being said today I was told that I should not step up my converter due to it throwing codes and since its not cammed its not worth it. The guy absolutely didnt want to put a 3000k stall as recommended by circle d. He said his trans guy wouldnt recommend it either. Gave me a story about his cammed mustang, as if it was even comparable to our 5000+ pound tanks.
So what Im asking is on what grounds can you see or has anyone noticed with a TQ upgrade.
MODS
CAI, pcm of NC tune, they are putting dynatech longtubes on.
Since you are in the Chicago area, why did you not call Finish Line? I was looking at buyer one of their trans second hand. Quick response to all of my questions. Can't say enough good things about the three big trans vendors we have on this board.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did call them after several recommendations. unfortunately they are three weeks out, and I am in a jam this being my daily driver. Circle D recommended their rebuilt inline 6 converter for what i was looking at. This guy(dude at the shop) and his excuses didnt make sense. I told him that i would be getting it retuned and they would fix any issues and he wasnt hearing it.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Tell em your the customer and to install the converter as your committed to them now and the misfire codes will be taken care of at tuning time.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem is I have an after market warranty and have used these guys before, and they already have the trans out. Lesson learned on my part.
What would I be looking for if I were to throw a higher stall in? Codes, driveability issues?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
640 Posts
Honestly after installing my circle D 3200 in my garage I never retuned and didn't have any issues. I would safely say I had 10k miles on it before I sold it. Your worrying to much I think.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Pay them for taking the tranny out and go to FLT, it's clear this shop doesn't know shit about our trucks. A converter is the best bang for your buck mod you can do. I can't remember who it was but they installed a 3600 stall with no other mods at all and picked up .5 in the 1/4 and put it all on video. Good luck hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
452 Posts
Take your trans and truck and go somewhere else. Be best to wait the three weeks for FLT honestly. He has my lvl 6 right now to be gone thru and make sure it's 100%. As far as someone mentioning performabuilt, please don't waste your money there either as I have seen some of there junk. That's about like monster trans or PATC. You don't do it right this time I bet you will be going thru this again and wishing you would have.

·
needs moar powa
1,185 Posts
Remove your vehicle from that shop and then tell him his mustang is gay.

I'm serious though, he can realy fuck your truck up. Find a shop and that is familiar with LS vehicles. And one that tunes them as well.

And like others said the converter is the best bang for the buck and for the Butt dyno mod

·
not fast enough
TrailblazerSS
1,099 Posts
see if you can get it over to modern muscle since they're close to you

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Good luck, as I know you're going to end up settling. My local GM dealer just installed a new GM performance trans with a 2800-3000 stall. No CEL codes have ever appeared and it was never tuned for a stall converter. I feel sorry for you man, but you did read into and noticed all the signs of the results you were going to be receiving prior to them removing it.

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
I ordered an RPM LVL 6 on a Tuesday afternoon and it was on my doorstep Friday morning... As others have said, get your truck out of there and talk to one of our trans vendors here.

As a side note - good god there are some bad trans shops out there.

Reactions: KA47 and TBSS-DJ

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
452 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Dynatech makes long tubes for the Tbss ?
First I hear of it ?
They were probably one of the first to do so. They only offer them in 1-3/4" primary tubes, which is more than likely the reason most didn't buy them.....At the same time, most folks would never probably need the flow of 1-7/8" primary headers. The Dynatech headers look badass too.

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah about those dynatech headers, I got them shipped to my door for under 300 bucks. They were display models at a shop, guess being bored and digging deep into the depths of ebay pays off.
Even came with the gasket kit, bolts, and the heat shield for the steering linkage.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts