Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Old Guy
08 Trailblazer SS
297 Posts
Finally, got what i needed running whew!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Glad you finally got it. I see you have an AFR window. I have the same but from what I read that's the "commanded" air ratio and not real time.

I tried to get real time to work but no dice.

Anyone else happen to get real time AFR working?

This is the blue tooth adapter I'm using. Works perfectly

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-Bluetooth-OBD2-OBDII-Car-Code-Reader-Diagnostic-Scanner-For-Android-PC/122189909388?epid=1785604316&hash=item1c73160d8c:g:zKoAAOSwFnJZeMxh

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
334 Posts
Glad you finally got it. I see you have an AFR window. I have the same but from what I read that's the "commanded" air ratio and not real time.

I tried to get real time to work but no dice.

Anyone else happen to get real time AFR working?
Yeah same here hopefully someone knows how to get that afr rolling..

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
155 Posts
You can't get real time AFR. You need a wide band O2 sensor to get it. So something aftetmarket, as stock are not wideband.

·
Registered
06 TBSS
184 Posts
The GPS speed readout issue might be related to your phone. Because all its using is the internal GPS chip. Either your GPS isn't very good at picking up the satellites or there's some kind of radio interference surrounding the phone (ie: metalized tint, general eletrical interference, etc).

Also the issue with certain parameters not showing up or being flaky could be a result of the OBD2 reader you bought. Not all of the ELM327 readers work the same. Some are really bad Chinese knockoffs.

I use a 7" Android Tablet and a Konnwei KW90 bluetooth thingy. Is speed only read via GPS or does it also use the speed sensor from the vehicle? Maybe I need to change that setting. I don't use the GPS on the tablet.

The bluetooth reader was cheap so it could be that too.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,529 Posts
I use a 7" Android Tablet and a Konnwei KW90 bluetooth thingy. Is speed only read via GPS or does it also use the speed sensor from the vehicle? Maybe I need to change that setting. I don't use the GPS on the tablet.

The bluetooth reader was cheap so it could be that too.
Most of the OBD2 readers are cheap, <$20. But look at the reviews if people had issues. The one I bought was $14 but had really good reviews and I haven't had any issues with it.

I think there are 2 speed readout choices : Speed(GPS), speed(OBD2). The latest one reads what the vehicle reads. But the GPS speed just uses the GPS chip. They are seperate speed readouts.

·
Old Guy
08 Trailblazer SS
297 Posts
I just went out this morning and woke my tablet up and my Torque app was blank. Lost everything. Had to rebuild it.

I have an always on app installed and as long as the tablet has power it stays on, and I can put it to sleep by tapping the power button.

In 7 months this is the first time it has done this. Thankfully it didn't take long to rebuilt it. I've set up 7 vehicles with Torque now.

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
164 Posts
I just went out this morning and woke my tablet up and my Torque app was blank. Lost everything. Had to rebuild it.

I have an always on app installed and as long as the tablet has power it stays on, and I can put it to sleep by tapping the power button.

In 7 months this is the first time it has done this. Thankfully it didn't take long to rebuilt it. I've set up 7 vehicles with Torque now.
Bumping an old thread..

This happens to me just about everyday. I build a dash, it works for a day or so. Come out from work to head home, nothing. Default screens! WTF?! It will be plugged in, just have the screen hibernating.

And, why the hell is the start up page/dash the one in the middle? Not the top?

Anybody experience the same disapearing dash, and have a fix for it? Free version BTW. I'm not about to pay for something I have to rebuild three times a week.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Bumping an old thread..

This happens to me just about everyday. I build a dash, it works for a day or so. Come out from work to head home, nothing. Default screens! WTF?! It will be plugged in, just have the screen hibernating.

And, why the hell is the start up page/dash the one in the middle? Not the top?

Anybody experience the same disapearing dash, and have a fix for it? Free version BTW. I'm not about to pay for something I have to rebuild three times a week.
Never had this happen but I have the paid version and everything always stays the same. Maybe that's you problem, just need to buy the app to have all the features. Not 100% on that but only a suggestion. Or maybe possibly the device you have it installed on? Sorry couldn't be more help.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
164 Posts
I could see the free version having less stuff, like no oil pressure or trans temp. But, to just randomly wipe itself? That's a good way for people to look for something else, not pay more for it's assumed instability.

I'm not about to pay a dime for what I've seen so far.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
I could see the free version having less stuff, like no oil pressure or trans temp. But, to just randomly wipe itself? That's a good way for people to look for something else, not pay more for it's assumed instability.

I'm not about to pay a dime for what I've seen so far.
Understandable but mine has never wiped itself period and I've owned it for acouple years now and all my stuff has always been there when I've powered it on. So maybe or maybe not. I guess you'll never know since you don't want to spend the 5 bucks on it lol. Try emailing the guy who made it, I recall him leaving his email incase anyone had trouble. What are you using it on? Tablet, phone? Is it a sprint device that was recently unlocked and being used on another carrier? (I've heard of them being shitty when unlocked and used on other carriers, like never staying signed to apps,have to sign in everytime you open up app etc), Just trying to get more info to come up with more suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Will the torque paid app show knock counts on our cars? I have been using the free for a while, and I can watch timing, but not actual knock values.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,529 Posts
Will the torque paid app show knock counts on our cars? I have been using the free for a while, and I can watch timing, but not actual knock values.
Yes the paid app shows knock retard in degrees.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts