Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a bit of issue using the Torque android app, mainly that it is not showing certain PIDs.

I am using the free version of Torque, along with a cheap eBay ODB2 Blutooth dongle. The dongle connects no issue and I can view many of the PIDs such as engine coolant temp, etc...

I mainly am interested in trans temp and oil pressure function. I went into settings > manage extra PIDs > add prefined PIDs > GM selected.

After adding GM PIDs there is no option for oil pressure, and only one option for trans temp (which does not work)

Anyone else have this issue, or is it required to purchase the full Torque app to have these PIDs enabled? I'll gladly pay out $5 if the Pro version enables these extra PIDs.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,513 Posts
I have trans temp on the paid version. Never tried the free version.

·
Registered
07 Trailblazer 3SS
30 Posts
Trans Temp doesn't work for me and I had the paid version...I gave up after messing around with it for awhile

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bought the paid Pro version. Doing so enabled trans temp and oil pressure to work.n among many more GM pids.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pyroproblem

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2wd
974 Posts
I have apple. What's the developers name for the android version?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: pursuit2550

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2wd
974 Posts
Thanks epix. I had a old android phone so I am using that. I bought the scantool BT MX for 70 and the app for 5. It works awesome.

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2wd
974 Posts
Look on the first post of this thread. You have to enable all the GM PIDs. I believe there are 2or3 different PIDs for trans temp. Only one will work.

Reactions: Randalface

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For me it was the 1st GM trans temp PID that worked. I have an 07 TBSS.

·
Old Guy
08 Trailblazer SS
297 Posts
I have watched the video that the author of the software put out on adding PID's and can't seem to be able to get the trans temp to turn green in the list of sensors to make it active.

I selected GM PID's. Is there a step I'm missing?

I have the paid version of the app

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
334 Posts
I have watched the video that the author of the software put out on adding PID's and can't seem to be able to get the trans temp to turn green in the list of sensors to make it active.

I selected GM PID's. Is there a step I'm missing?

I have the paid version of the app
Same here i need oil psi also..

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
06 TBSS
184 Posts
I'm having trouble getting speed and rpm to read on the paid version. Sucks too because I spent a bit of time making a dash mount for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Old Guy
08 Trailblazer SS
297 Posts
Everytime I set one of these up I fight it. I've set up five of them and always the same thing. It took forever to get trans temp and oil pressure working on my red TBSS, but it's working great.

I occasionally have a problem with the GPS speed readout not working. If I exit the program and start it again it works.

I now have a new wife and she came with an 07 TBSS. It's bone stock 46k vehicle. I was concerned about trans temp so I bought another tablet from best buy and another blue tooth adapter. I set the second tablet up exactly like the first one and same thing, no oil pressure or trans temp readout. I fought it for a week and out of frustration I swapped the tablet in my red 08 into the 07. Everything worked perfectly.

So I left old tablet in the o7 and put the new tablet and Bluetooth in the 08 and it worked. The trans temp readout that was labeled "oil temp changed to transmission temp and oil pressure started working. I'm not sure if the PCM's are different from 07 to 08, but it works now.

I love the program and what it can do, but it's quirky. I went on the Torque forum and they are zero help there. I ended up helping them actually.

All I can say is keep fighting it and make sure you have GM PID's chosen.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,520 Posts
The GPS speed readout issue might be related to your phone. Because all its using is the internal GPS chip. Either your GPS isn't very good at picking up the satellites or there's some kind of radio interference surrounding the phone (ie: metalized tint, general eletrical interference, etc).

Also the issue with certain parameters not showing up or being flaky could be a result of the OBD2 reader you bought. Not all of the ELM327 readers work the same. Some are really bad Chinese knockoffs.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
334 Posts
The GPS speed readout issue might be related to your phone. Because all its using is the internal GPS chip. Either your GPS isn't very good at picking up the satellites or there's some kind of radio interference surrounding the phone (ie: metalized tint, general eletrical interference, etc).

Also the issue with certain parameters not showing up or being flaky could be a result of the OBD2 reader you bought. Not all of the ELM327 readers work the same. Some are really bad Chinese knockoffs.
True Scott i bought the bafx prod odb2 and couldn't be happier..

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts