Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
"whitey"
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I built the "Beast" for the father's division at my sons Pinewood derby race. The proportion is a little off due to having to use regulation wheel locations and length of wood block. Due to the amount of wood I used (3 blocks)I had to hollow out the bottom like a canoe so my wieght position was not desired. Ended up 2nd overall, my son's Den master beat me by .007 of a second (with a snake shaped car)of over and average of 3 races. My time was 2.647 (If that means anything) I do not believe all pinewood derby tracks are the same.

My son and I will try to race this again tomorrow in my nephews den in the "OPEN" class :bum:

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
Looks pretty good actually...

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD
4,748 Posts
Outstanding!!!!

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
what size tires you running in the rear? :D

thing looks pretty cool

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Thats awesome! Both as a TBSS owner and my hats off to you for being a good Dad.:cheers1:

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Nice! It's got a CCW Drag Pack!

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
That is SWEET! :cheers1: Congrats. I did one once...tried to make a General Lee. Let's just see...I didn't do so well!.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2008
821 Posts
I wonder if it'd be faster with the headlight removed...lol. Great job man!

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
That's awesome man!

I got to be in one PD when I was in that crap. My old man and I fashioned a car that looked like a 67 Stingray...prolly still have it somewhere. I remember it plain as day too...:cheers1:

·
"whitey"
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanx for all the complements, I wish I could have sent more time on it. I had only 2 weeks to build my son's pine car and at the last minute I decided to make one for me. It did get alot of looks at both events I took it too :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,535 Posts
Talk with tony maybe he can hook you up with some rear coilovers to help you launch better....

lol that is sweet man, ur son should be proud :coolthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts