Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my Circle D 3k stall put in and I was wondering is it normal to have to give a lot more in the pedal in order to move out. I set my Aeroforce to monitor throttle % and I see that I need to go about 50% or above throttle for it to take off nicely. I see the difference at WOT but in just spirited takeoffs It feels like the truck needs a lot more over what the stock vert needed. I also installed headers at the same time as the vert. Just like to hear from other with this convert. Thanks

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS
1,499 Posts
So your saying it takes higher rpms to get the truck moving correct? If so that's what a stall converter does.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
510 Posts
It will take you more throttle to get the truck moving, since a stall converter has more time to slip since the engine and transmission's input shaft won't be spinning at the same speed until 3k rpm.

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
You may have lost some low end torque with the headers also.

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailBlazer SS
2,760 Posts
give it a week or two, you won't notice it as much. until you drive something without a higher stall.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,288 Posts
This is y idk if I want a stall I want one but want the performance from it but also way it to drive an tow like stock the wife drives it sum times so ya

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,492 Posts
Normal

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
thats why there are stall speed choices. Maybe you should have gone with a lower stall.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replies guys. I never had a converter before so sorry if the question was dumb. Anyway the converter over all is great. I think ill be doing cam and heads in the near future also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts