Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats Good:

Got a question that I know you guys & gals can answer; whats the difference in driving WITH TC and WITHOUT TC (outside of the obvious):dunno:.....I've never driven my SS without TC cause I've had too many past instances with my Formula that has made me value my awd (fishtailing & hydroplaning will do that to ya). I've also read that alot of you drive yours without TC--So whats the deal:popcorn3:.....

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
I turn it off leaving the driveway unless it's raining or ice. It freaks me out that my engine will die if spinning the tires (mid-intersection) so I leave it all off (ST/TC). I just learned how my truck handles and drive it like it's the 70's :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,037 Posts
Always have the TC/ST off just in case someone wants to race cause like a guy just said in the street racing thread, if it's on and you race and spin just a little your engine will shut down pretty much to prevent any more loss of traction. I always have it off just to be ready incase someone wants to play. It is a good idea to have it on on the rain tho. It's saved my ass a few times

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
My Rule Of Thumb, Ground Dry S/T & T/C Off, Ground Wet Don't Touch It.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
I had mine kick on in an icy intersection and came TOO damn close to getting T-boned by an F150. I religiously turn mine off regardless of the weather. What I'm going to do with my car in an emergency is somewhat predictable, I don't want the unpredictable robbing of power to alter things and leave me out to dry.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
I am 2wd and live in Seattle(lots O' rain) and I press the button the same time I put it into reverse to back out of the garage. I don't race or drive fast anymore but I like TC/SC turned off while I drive. You just have to be a little more careful in the wet.

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW.....I've never experienced my SS turning off while the tires are spinning, and I've stepped on that bitch during rain & snow storms on multiple occasions. Good info guys, thanks:cheers1:.....

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Imagine flooring the throttle to try to get out of a bad situation and nothing happens. I'll keep mine off and rely on my ability to drive thank you.

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^THATS CRAZY!!!! I'd probably get hit by an oncoming vehicle cause first thing I'd do is look at the dash like WTF?!?!?

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imagine flooring the throttle to try to get out of a bad situation and nothing happens. I'll keep mine off and rely on my ability to drive thank you.
....so the engine will COMPLETLY shut off?!?!? To the point you have to re-start it again?!?!? Sorry for the potential stupid question, but again, I've never experienced this & I'd like to know what could possibly happen and/or what to expect....

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
If you bought yours used, it sounds like they were desensitized or moved to sense no speed... that's strange. It doesn't shut off like that, just kills it for a second or so (seems like an eternity in an intersection, had it happen 2 weeks after I owned it).

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
No, it doesnt shut off. I applies brakes to whatever wheel is spinning fastest and pulls timing, causing you to eat the steering wheel. Regardless of weather, I turn both TC and Stabilitrac off. I HATE electronic nannies.

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats whats up!!! Thanks for the clarification guys....

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
I turn it off leaving the driveway unless it's raining or ice. It freaks me out that my engine will die if spinning the tires (mid-intersection) so I leave it all off (ST/TC). I just learned how my truck handles and drive it like it's the 70's :biggrin2:
You don't have a tune that fixes that? I lerave mine on now that I fixed the dead pedal thing in the tune.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts