Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad is 65 this year and he loves both of his trucks. Even though hes not as crazy as I am with mine he still likes to keep his rides clean. I think this is one reason that I enjoy automobiles so much. If you guys met him at nats hes pretty cool also.

He called me today and some kid at work started yesterday was asking the younger guys there whose truck is outside on the lot they said that guys and pointed to my dad but he didn't believe them so he asked my dad do you know whose truck that is? and hes like yah (in his european accent) and the kid pretty much laughed and said you guys are all playing tricks on me and my dad said no trick its mine So he walked away like pretty much didn't believe my pops and my dad was like "what i have to be 18 to drive that thing?"

So he gets off work yesterday (his 95 silvy has the 350/5 speed/3.73 gears headers/cat back adn not fast but mad burn outs) and sees the kid walking in the construction lot and my dad passes by the kid and drives out and is at the stop light. Sure enough he says he says a car coming up fast about 2 cars back so slows down and my dad said "ill see if this kid will believe if its a old mans truck now. Takes off at the light hard smoking it and chrips 2nd hard and then lets off and the kid comes next to him and my dad said his the kids face was in disbelief.

Today at work the kids like "i still can't believe thats you truck and you like it like that you should be 25 not mid 60s" My dads like might as well have something nice to drive right. I did the truck up for him and sure I would go lower but I think for my dad this truck is perfect.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Ahaha nice ride for a older guy!

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
If it weren't for my old man, I wouldn't be a fucking FuelJunkie that I am!

Never too old man!:cheers1::cheers1:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
449 Posts
My old man's in his late 70's and his trucks are, I'd say, cooler than mine by a long shot.

I only have pics handy of one of his trucks, it's a 1969 Chevy C10 chopped, slammed, louvered with a rediculous 350 under the hood

His other "daily driver" is a 1990 Chevy 454SS thats got a body kit, lowered, rims and exhaust.

The funniest part about both trucks is that even though BOTH are balls to the floor fast, Pops keeps it under 35 everywhere he goes! So you hear the wicked rumble of the exhaust then see him just putting on by :doh:

·
Registered
05 Colorado
300 Posts
Cool story Tony...I get alot of my inspiration from my step father. He had a clean ass stock 64 impala that he loved so much. He kept it spot less!! I loved going with him to the car wash. "It ain't cool if your chrome don't shine." RIP Art..and thanks for teaching me how to take care of my shit!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
449 Posts
Is that still for sale, and how much? (the C10):cheers1:
It's always for sale, but Pops is in Florida for the winter so it's locked away in storage. I'll give him a call this week and see what he wants for it at this point.

The way Pops works is that as soon as he gets a ride he puts it up for sale. As he does more and more to it the price climbs. We worked on a 1960 GMC pickup over this past summer, then one day just before it was going to get painted I went over there and it was gone. Somebody drove by, offered the right amount of cash and away it went.

·
415Muscle
07 TBSS 2WD
562 Posts
Tony, I remember seeing you bounce that truck like it had hydros lol that was classic and shoulda been on video...say hi to your mom and dad for me

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,973 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,535 Posts
That truck is sweet man, and mike I cant even tell you how bad id want that c10!

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,551 Posts
I like that. I just bought my TBSS for my 60th birthday at the end of November. I bond with my best friend's 22 year old son over cars. He drove with me on a 2000 mile road trip for Thanksgiving the day after I bought the TBSS.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
124 Posts
That's awesome Tony,,, I agree with you and alot of others,, If it was not for my dad (RIP) I would have never been as interested in hot rods and drag racing as I am.

·
Iam sofa king we todd did
tbss
1,145 Posts
Thanks for sharing Tony. Everything on it is perfect "tasteful and clean." You did a hell of a job.

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
My old man had a 03 Mercury Marauder when he was 54. Gears, mufflers, and a tune I ran 14.1 @ 99 in it. He suprised quite a few youngsters in it. Unfortunately he only had it for about a year, had to trade her in for a 06 Nissan Quest when he lost both of his legs. Great memories though! I know he's doing donuts in heaven!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts