Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you SOL if your putting on some aftermarket rims as far as having the tire pressure monitoring system and then how does that work if you put the old rims back on for say winter or in the future? Thanks! Sorry if this is a dumb question.

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
1. SOL yes, always have to push the reset button on the dash or steering wheel to clear the Low pressure warning.

2. After putting the stockers back on, the warning light wont come on because the car "feels" like its back to normal.

-OR- you purchase an extra set of sensors to put on the aftermarket wheels. About $120 for a set of four... try ebay, etc...

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
There has got to be a way to turn it off in the computer, maybe with HP Tuners or something.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Its just a black box on the inside end of your valve stem. Move it to your aftermarket rims. Takes 45 seconds to change it out with the tire off.

If you are rotating out a set of tires in the winter, you better get an extra set of sensors.

This sensor stuff is not something you can touch with HPT. There are a lot of things that cant be touched in the trucks various control modules.

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
I feel bad for the guy buying my rims then...he will get them separated without sensors...

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
I sold my rims w/o sensors last year to a guy out in Tomball or Spring (some where out in the sticks) and he put them on a reg trailbalzer. Worked out great because he didnt have the t/p monitoring system...

·
Registered
2007 TBSS awd
373 Posts
The sensors dont fit in all rims that the biggest problem the inside profile of the wheel is different for wheel so when you mount the tire you might break the sensor. I have this exact problem. I have my sensors in the winter 17" tb wheels.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS awd
373 Posts
Some do, some dont it all depends on the inside profile of the wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts