Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished filling all my tires to 40lbs but one still looks really low... i used the sensors to tell me how full they are, but one still look relatively low... help.. thinking of buying a external gauge to read it... what do you think

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone else

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
get a tire gauge, i never trust those sensors.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Luis. Have you driven around since u filled. The sensor in the tire has to pass the sensor on the truck to get a new reading

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Luis. Have you driven around since u filled. The sensor in the tire has to pass the sensor on the truck to get a new reading
Don't think that's right Chase. While using a air machine at a gas station (which had no gauge on it, imagine that), I had my wife monitor TPMS while I filled to 35.....and it changed as I filled. So that throws that out of the window.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
Don't think that's right Chase. While using a air machine at a gas station (which had no gauge on it, imagine that), I had my wife monitor TPMS while I filled to 35.....and it changed as I filled. So that throws that out of the window.
correct.

·
Registered
07 Silver TBSS
922 Posts
I use a gauge to make sure and then compare it to the sensors to see how they read in comparison. They're usually off by a few PSI. You can definitely use them to tell if you have an issue or not, though.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
chase, you are completely wrong... the sensors transmit and are read by the liftgate module.

get a GOOOOOOD gauge... not a cheap 99cent one... see what the tires are actually at and go from there... NEVER trust the gauge at the gas station... how many times has it been dropped?...

i have a moroso gauge that has been pretty good to me... and is within a 1/2 lb

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
chase, you are completely wrong... the sensors transmit and are read by the liftgate module.

get a GOOOOOOD gauge... not a cheap 99cent one... see what the tires are actually at and go from there... NEVER trust the gauge at the gas station... how many times has it been dropped?...

i have a moroso gauge that has been pretty good to me... and is within a 1/2 lb
also a good rule of thumb is to check your air pressure when the tire is at its coldest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts