Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
06 TBSS AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock RS-A's are finally showing signs of wear. I checked around the forums to see what people were using but I would also appreciate some local advice.

What do you guys have and is there a shop in the Columbia / Lexington / Charleston or even Greenville area that you would recommend?
( I have friends and fam everywhere and for a good deal I dont mind a road trip)

I have bought several sets at Nuttals in Columbia for different cars over the last 5 years, good service but not cheap. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
General grabber UHP 275/45/20.. Toto proxies, nitro 420 265/50/20

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Thank you iPhone correct... Toyo... And nitto****

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Try Hill Tire on Trolley road in Summerville, SC right north of charleston 25 minutes. Awesome prices and they'll order u almost anything you want.

Call em. They're good people an awesome prices and they will be nice to your truck as well.

They'll have my business for a long while.

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,029 Posts
Nitto 420s, and I got the best prices on discounttiredirect.com

·
Registered
White 2006 TBSS AWD
846 Posts
I've had both the nitto 420's and also another set which noone has mentioned yet the hankook ventus rh06st's. I had the nitto's first and although I really liked the look and performance of them they wore out way to fast and I hardly ever drive my truck hard. And yes they were aligned after install. I've been running the hankooks now and am very happy with them. The look aggressive for an all season tire and they handle in perform great in all conditions. They are a few bucks cheaper as well than the nitto's. Good luck.

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,029 Posts
I've had both the nitto 420's and also another set which noone has mentioned yet the hankook ventus rh06st's. I had the nitto's first and although I really liked the look and performance of them they wore out way to fast and I hardly ever drive my truck hard. And yes they were aligned after install. I've been running the hankooks now and am very happy with them. The look aggressive for an all season tire and they handle in perform great in all conditions. They are a few bucks cheaper as well than the nitto's. Good luck.
Interesting... the 420s have lasted for me quite nicely. I guess it's hard to judge as I have a work car and drive the SS a good bit less than I used to.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
1,712 Posts
I have the Nitto 420s and they have been on my truck for about 20k and still have a lot of life left.

I have used Hill tire in North Charleston and Moncks Corner & they were right on par with internet pricing. Nice people to deal with too. Didn't have them install my tires (A friend hooked me up) so I can't comment on that.

·
Registered
06 TBSS AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I really appreciate it.

I ended up going with the Hankook Ventus RH06 ST in 275 45 R20. I just got them today and have only put about 20 miles on them, but damn...so much better that the RS-A's. Feels like a different truck already.

Here is a link if anyone wants to check them out.

I'll post some pics and an update after I've had a chance to hoon it up properly.

Now if I can get off my ass and get my air intake and efans installed I might be able to leave the truck alone though this tailgating season....maybe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts