Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Tips for Installing Adj. UCA, Adj. LCA and Panhard Bar

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Civteck 
#1 ·
Just ordered the Spohn set of rear adjustable upper and lower control arms as well as the Panhard bar from Tony! Will be installing them next week. I've been having some issues with tire rubbing due to the axle moving to the passenger side and toward the front. Obviously I am doing this to correct that. Any tips or tricks from anyone who has done this? Proper way to grease everything? Any other tips or info from those who have had them a while that would've done something different if they could reinstall it all with hindsight? Thanks! I am currently on Tony's drop struts up front and his 30.5" spring conversion on the rear and F and R Addco swaybars.

#3 ·
Lol! Not really, it was pretty straight forward. Just takes some time to get the rear axle centered. Ride has a lot less clunking now as everything is spaced out properly now.

#5 ·
I just used the panhard bar to center the rear axle left to right. If I remember correctly, lowering it pushed the axle to the right and towards the front. I just played with the control arms until I got the wheels centered in the wheel wells. Has handled better and no more rubbing on the fender well plastic.

#6 ·
Mine just came in today can't wait to stop smelling rubber when dodging holes on NJ shitty streets. Have a specialty shop that does alignments on altered ride heights I have been using for years and is great that I will bring it to once I finish the front end. Have all new inner/outer tie rod ends, Tony's upper arms with new joints, lower joints, and endlinks. Next few weeks if a warm weekend happens going to slap this shit on and tighten this old gal up. Had this happen last yr.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Oem, their just spacers till I stumble across a pair of 20x10s. The reason I need the panhard bar, my pass side is rubbing being lowered. It would not rub w/o the spacer but her ass don't look as fat either.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.