Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 TBSS. I replaced both front hubs at about 175,000 miles in November 2019. Over the past year, the Stabilitrac warning light comes on and off. Especially when it gets wet and cold. I asked the dealer to look at it because I am very busy at work. They said it was because of aftermarket Timken hubs and wanted $1,500 to fix it. Unbelievable. It ran fine until about 10 months ago.

Is there any advice on fixing this myself?

·
Registered
08 TrailblazerSS AWD
398 Posts
I agree with the statement above. I went thru 5 sets of hubs of various brands myself chasing the stabilitrak light. Some of the brands went straight into limp mode after 25mph. Ended up being a pinched wire in the wire harness right where the speed sensor wire leaves the plug and hits the frame and main harness. Best way to see which speed sensor is failing is to hook the truck up to hptuners or another abs reading scanner and watch all 4 speed sensors.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,174 Posts
Moog worked fine for me

·
Registered
2006 Black TBSS
377 Posts
I had Timken hubs that lasted a little over a year and corroded badly around the speed sensors. Replaced again with Timken and did the same. I guess they couldn't handle the sub zero cold and salty Northern Illinois weather. They were replaced with SKF hubs that did the same after a little over a year also and you couldn't clean the corrosion out of either. I'm in Maryland now and going on my 3rd year with Moog and having no problems with stabilitrak. I'm thinking not driving in Salt has something to do with that.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,620 Posts
I have a set of Timken hubs I replaced that have almost 100k miles on them. Never had an issue. You may want to check the connector wiring for any corrosion or loose fitting. Could be dropping signal causing the Stabilitrac issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts