Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few Simple, likely stupid, but unclear questions I would like an answer to.

Oil pump to block, No Sealant or O-Ring where the outlet meets the block?
Any other Special points I should look out for here while installing?

Oil Pan, Where other than the front Cover is a litte silicone sealant used?
Rear Cover to Pan as well?
Also, Seems to be a couple of different torque spwecs on the Pan Bolts I saw in the TOrque Thread, Is there a sequence for the Oil Pan?

There is Oil Pan Cover torque 106in. , Oil Pan M6 (pan to rear Seal) 106in., and Oil Pan M8 (front Cover) 18 ft. .

What are they calling the "Cover" , the first one I listed as the other two numbers cover all the bolts correct?

Also, Since My motor is Apart and I dont have pics, I am changing timing Chain Guide Styles, and Im not sure if I have all the needed parts. Does anyone have pics and Info on swapping to the Full Nylon from the Spring Steel Style.

I know these may be simple questions, but Id rather have it right the first time.

Thanks in advance
Matt K.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
801 Posts
Just a few Simple, likely stupid, but unclear questions I would like an answer to.

Oil pump to block, No Sealant or O-Ring where the outlet meets the block?
Any other Special points I should look out for here while installing?

Oil Pan, Where other than the front Cover is a litte silicone sealant used?
Rear Cover to Pan as well?
Also, Seems to be a couple of different torque spwecs on the Pan Bolts I saw in the TOrque Thread, Is there a sequence for the Oil Pan?

There is Oil Pan Cover torque 106in. , Oil Pan M6 (pan to rear Seal) 106in., and Oil Pan M8 (front Cover) 18 ft. .

What are they calling the "Cover" , the first one I listed as the other two numbers cover all the bolts correct?

Also, Since My motor is Apart and I dont have pics, I am changing timing Chain Guide Styles, and Im not sure if I have all the needed parts. Does anyone have pics and Info on swapping to the Full Nylon from the Spring Steel Style.

I know these may be simple questions, but Id rather have it right the first time.

Thanks in advance
Matt K.
Put oil pump on just like it is. No sealant or anything. I would put oil in the pump before putting it on too.
Just put RTV in all four corners where the front and rear covers meet the block. 18 ft lbs for 8mm bolts 106 in lbs for 6 mm bolts.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
you need a .002 gap in your oil pump.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Between the the round gear and housing.
There is a little bit of slop in the bolt holes. If you just tighten it down the gear could rub the housing. Seen it done on my bosses old camaro.

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
Id say it wont be a luck issue since out of all the Researfch I did on pumps, and looking through threads on multiple sites including LS1tech, and I havent seen mention of this, Id say its not a widespread problem.
You're good to go Matt. If your pump has had work done internally, I'm SURE it's even better!! :biggrin2:

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
You were starting to think I was full of shit weren't you.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts