Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger on the 8 rib set up. Im going with the Innovators West 8 rib balancer, a 4" MAF from Joe as well as the rest of the pulleys. Upper and Lower rear control arms and a panhard bar will be on its way in the next few days as well, and a true dual 3" with dumps after the axle... Cant freakin wait... crap.... I still need tires!!!

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Those are some great upgrades but you had better get some tires to get that big beast to hook when you go for your test drive.:D

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
10% overdrive crank??
Yup. New plan though, might dump the pipes before the axle. I found a shop that does mandrel bends and I Just picked up 8 feet of 3" aluminum exhaust for $14, I might pick up another one... So I might go over the axle... I found a local shop here in San Antonio that does mandrel bends and from what I hear they do amazing work, so Im going to check them out tomorrow. I got my blank valance painted today, looks beautiful... Thanks Greg!!

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
i ahve that Set up its nasty. little squeel but its a great investment.

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im suppose to be getting about 9, 9.5 with this 2.9 RIP pulley but Im not seeing over 8, maybe 8.5 psi right now with my 6 rib setup. Im hoping the 4" MAF and intake and the 8 rib puts me where Im suppose to be.

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
im running 11.5 into 12 with my 8 rib with a 2.8 pulley

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
After a few long weeks and a shit ton of headaches related to and non related to this install, its done, almost, Im still working on custom fabricating an intake box thatll cover the filter and still fit directly onto the washer fluid tank. I wanted to do the FWI but, I still drive this thing DAILY and I dont want to be driving through rain and the intake be sucking up water or get soaked sitting behind the passenger brake duct. And I dont want to remove the washer fluid tank because I still use the crap out of it. Bugs, rain, dirt, etc... I couldnt live without a washer fluid tank. I know I could relocate it, but thatll be a future mod after the new LSX/L92/2300 build.

This blower effin screams!!!! Its right at, if not just a hair under 10psi. Its as loud, if not louder than the 03-04 cobra blowers...no joke... Ill be cruising up to 35-40mph under 2500 rpm and that frickin thing just screams!!! Even whines in 4th gear crusing at 70 when I ease into the gas keeping the converter locked up to 85-90.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Looking Great! You should look at putting the stock air box back in there until you are ready to finish the FWI. The open element will pull alot of engine compartment heat the way it is now. The intake tubing with the 100mm MAF look great!

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I tried getting the stock box to fit but that ring around the air filter wont let the box sit on the washer tank flush... and I cant move the filter any farther down because its already touching the washer tank on the bottom. I took some cardboard and made a model of how my new one is going to be. Me and a buddy of mine are going to experiment with a few materials to make one work. The filter is going to stick out from the box slightly but to where its only sucking in air through the headlight. When I go to the track I may just start pulling the headlight out.

Thanks Joe, you've been a huge help! Thanks for being patient!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts